FFA series number 4 - MA5D Modular design, Coalminer series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaween

Hi guys,

Between now and new year, I will launch a couple of new models created by various people for all of the community to use, adapt and share to their own desires.
Due to time restraints, non of these models will be fully tested, but if problems pop up, let us know and we'll rectify what is wrong.

First up in these end-of-year festivity launces : Trevors' interpretation of the MA5D. And it is one of the very best I've ever seen.

Halo 5 Assault Rifle v41 (2).pngHalo 5 Assault Rifle v42.pngHalo 5 Assault Rifle v43.png

I did some small rework on the mechancial parts of this totally awesome work Trevor did which should help in making it a stronger, more versatile prop.

This model features :

1) removable mag
2) removable Tac light, replacable by a real one, with a channel provided to add a switch in the trigger area allowing remote on/off. Magnetic light lock prepared
3) removable, steel rod enforced barrel, magnetic lock
4) extendable stock
5) removable dust cover, allowing magnetic mounting of various scopes and sights

Please be advised, the model is still going through the initial print test phase so technical changes are still very much possible, but as-is, it is already fully usable.

I replaced the earlier use of the peg/hole system by 2 4mm shafts that run along the length of the gun, allowing to insert 2 steel rods in the prop which not only makes assembly/fitting easier, it also helps strengthen the prop.
As standard, I will try to incoperate removable barrels on all models as in Con-life, these barrels are the most vulnerable part of a prop, and being able to remove them doesn't only make transport and storrage easier, it also makes it far more interesting to replace when disaster would strike.

Printfiles here :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AthGBSmTyQOPgRHuFHuSbKvikV0V

Tomorrow : M20 high detail.

Halo 5 Assault Rifle v41 (2).png

Halo 5 Assault Rifle v42.png

Halo 5 Assault Rifle v43.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I hope you guys like this model as much as I do.
and, have fun with scope combinations now that in-game assets are available!

and a huge shout out to Chernobyl, who released the in-game models just in time for me to use as a reference, and add some nice details!

also, a huge shout goes to Ashgro, his MA5D provided lots of inspiration!

Thanks guys, and enjoy these models!

-Trevor

mblackwell1002 thanks man really nice model its always interesting to see how even though we moddeled the same gun we took maney diffrent choices probly will print this one to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Just pulled this down. Got a request for one so this baby is going to get a print. I love the reinforcement and barrel swap out option. Little things I havent mastered being able to install in a model yet. Will let you know how this pretty girl prints. Probably will start next week. The larger of my printers is working on a 24 hour visor buck print so have to wait till that printer finishes to start.

Small thread necro on my part.

Well Just pulled this down. Got a request for one so this baby is going to get a print. I love the reinforcement and barrel swap out option. Little things I havent mastered being able to install in a model yet. Will let you know how this pretty girl prints. Probably will start next week. The larger of my printers is working on a 24 hour visor buck print so have to wait till that printer finishes to start.

Small thread necro on my part.
Oooh. Nice! Send me a pic of the print!

I have completed the first print of this. I had to do a bit of adjusting on some of the pieces. Dust cover, clip, Barrel, Butt stock and clip, Basically all of the parts that were external to the base model for some reason were about 6 percent to large. Due to the size of my new printer I was able to keep the number of cuts way down. The AR in the file is under size in comparison to the information on the HALO Wiki. But other than the fact I have large hands it is nearly a perfect size for normal people. I am currently about 3/4 of the way done on a second one. I bumped this one up by 15 percent to bring the size closer to the wiki. I am printing the grip section now soon as I get it done I will be able to judge but I feel that at 15 percent it is verging on being to large for a normal persons hands. I have a second barell printed that will be orange tip so they are easy to swap. I still need to print the tactical light. I just realized I havent done that yet.

And without further ado. some images of the little Girl
AR 1.jpg
AR 1.jpg
AR 2.jpg

AR 3.jpg

I have completed the first print of this. I had to do a bit of adjusting on some of the pieces. Dust cover, clip, Barrel, Butt stock and clip, Basically all of the parts that were external to the base model for some reason were about 6 percent to large. Due to the size of my new printer I was able to keep the number of cuts way down. The AR in the file is under size in comparison to the information on the HALO Wiki. But other than the fact I have large hands it is nearly a perfect size for normal people. I am currently about 3/4 of the way done on a second one. I bumped this one up by 15 percent to bring the size closer to the wiki. I am printing the grip section now soon as I get it done I will be able to judge but I feel that at 15 percent it is verging on being to large for a normal persons hands. I have a second barell printed that will be orange tip so they are easy to swap. I still need to print the tactical light. I just realized I havent done that yet.

And without further ado. some images of the little Girl
View attachment 249057 View attachment 249057 View attachment 249058

View attachment 249059
Beautiful.

The reason for the oversized pieces was because I didn't create any seam allowances.

Anyway, Looks awesome, man! Thanks for sharing a print!

Beautiful.

The reason for the oversized pieces was because I didn't create any seam allowances.

Anyway, Looks awesome, man! Thanks for sharing a print!
well would make sense then. I think I took about 6 percent off the pieces to make them fit some of them are still a bit snug. But other than that. The files are excellent. I like the in build channels for threaded rod through them for strength. Admittedly I havent used it on this rifle. Now I did on the M7 when I printed that and it needed it in the barrel section to make it so I could switch from the suppressor to the regular barrel. And or just to make it smaller for transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back