Fiber Glassing Pep Weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i was gonna start working on a pep MA5C, but ran acrosst the problem of not knowing how to fiberglass the inside. Anyone have experience and tips or ideas how this could work?
Thanks

-Justin

This question doesnt need to be posted in some faq to be answered when the faq itself isnt offical.

To fiberglasss a weapon, all you need to do it finish making the weapon, resin it outside twice, take a dremel and cut the gun in half, fiberglass the inside, resin over that, and reattach the two sides together, then bondo it slightly to hide the seems.

Personally I wouldn't even bother with that - with all my 'solid' projects (weaponry, some helm peaks and 'holes') I've found it's much more effective and efficient to inject self-expanding foam in there - of the sort you can find in any local hardware store. Wall filler, and the like. Just leave an end 'open' before you resin, fill that sucker up carefully, then seal, resin, and whatever. Makes a hard 'core' for the product, gives it the support it needs, and it'll lend your weapon a nice amount of weight to make it feel authentic.

If you want the gun heavy as possible, drill a hole in the barrel, and open the barrel of the gun up after you resin'd the gun, then melt LOTS of hot glue and pour it in, it will solidify and take the shape of the gun giving it support and weight.

i've done the same for hollow props with an extremely thin mixture of bondo and resin. works really well, just gotta make sure to keep slushin it around till it gets thick. otherwise it will all drain to one part of the prop and it will be all lopsided as far as the weight goes.

AoBfrost said:
This question doesnt need to be posted in some faq to be answered when the faq itself isnt offical.

To fiberglasss a weapon, all you need to do it finish making the weapon, resin it outside twice, take a dremel and cut the gun in half, fiberglass the inside, resin over that, and reattach the two sides together, then bondo it slightly to hide the seems.

You don't have to be a jerk about it frost. It has nothing to do with it being official or not. Alot of people have asked the question so I figured I'd kill a flock of birds with one frag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for the Ideas and support!
IDK which i'll try but i'm liking the expanding foam idea a lot, due to the fact that the weight of this doesn't matter to much because it's a positive to make my negative mold. So i can just cast it when it's done, i just needed to find out a way to support it so it wouldn't collapse under the wieght of the rubber. So thanks for all the ideas!

As for the expanding foam question are you talking about "Great Stuff" that sort of foam? I think that's what you are but i needed to make sure,

thanks!

-Justin

AoBfrost said:

Yeah what he said!

Im going to perofrm the same idea, but Im going to pull the fiberglass out of the pep mold to make the AR seperately form the pep mold. splitting it inhalf also facilitates installing the green LED's and maglites

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back