FiberGlass Cloth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadingspartan

So I Have Read Every Sticky And Im Going To Start Pepakura In About 2 Weeks Doing Scoring TheBlue Got Pics...But Im Restarting...I Accidentally Used Regular Paper, But Oh Well Atleast I Didn't Score On It.

About Fiberglass Cloth

Would I Really Need To Put Fiberglass Cloth On The Inside Because Wouldn't The Fiberglass Leak Through And Kinda Harden The Inside Too? Anyone Know What Sean Used For His Interior Or Where I Can Get Good Padding?

Sorry About The Topic Title I Like To Capitalize Every Word For Some Reason.... Look At The Whole Thread....

Glassing the inside? Yea, it may need to...depends on if you want to keep the shape of the helmet and then glass

the outside after...glassing the inside will reinforce it so it will keep it's shape when you start to glass the outside.

As for padding, this is what Sean said:

They're made with 'headband liner' fabric... it's a soft black fabric with 1/8" of cushy gray foam on the back.

There.

PS, I Capitalize Too.

-Blue

Step by step:

1. resin outside
2. resin inside
3. fiberglass cloth + resin inside
4. add bondo body filler for details (optional)
5. sand

Don't put fiberglass cloth on the outside.

Fiberglass 101

Resin alone is only called resin.

Fiberglass cloth alone is called fiberglass cloth.

Resin + fiberglass cloth = fiberglass

If you only use resin, it will still be flexible. Just cut strips of cloth and super glue them to the entire interior of the helmet, then apply a heavy coat of resin, so it soaks the cloth. The resin hardening around the fibers in the cloth is what makes it hard and sturdy.

Hope this helps.

so is the fiberglass cloth already semi-adhesive to the einside of the helmet?and is not, how are you supposed to keep it in place when you put resn over the strips of firberglass cloth?

Silverzippo93 said:
Just cut strips of cloth and super glue them to the entire interior of the helmet, then apply a heavy coat of resin, so it soaks the cloth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back