fiberglass&resin

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloodxbrothers said:
once it dries ( on the outside ) , i can sand it down to have it smoother correct?

Correct, it can be reasonably difficult to sand by hand though (which is why it's good to use bondo to smooth as well) and you want to make sure you don't sand down too far and hit the paper/cardstock, especially if you're wetsanding... surprisingly water and cardboard don't mix ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, thats what I did for my suit. It wont be smooth as heck like bondo, but it can look smoother than the angular original. If you made a danni or FS helmet, you dont need to do much sanding, the helmets are already smooth, but you need to sand out the resin clumps.

i went out to walmart and got hardner, resin and the clothe fiberglass. if its gonna be tough to sand, i can use bondo body filler after i do a 3 layers of fiberglass?

so is it somethink like JB weld glue?

No need for 3 layers, 1 will do fine, 2 will be enough for a super strong piece.

Plus, if you do bondo, no need to sand the resin, just sand the bondo to be smooth.

arlight thanks,

for a moment i felt like giving up since i had no clue what to do. ill be done with the marine helmet by the end of this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back