Finally happy with my Iron Man Helmet Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnage

Hi everyone
Some of you may remember me some of you may not.
I had a break from the 405th due to rather nasty pm's I was receiving when I was trying to release the MKIII Iron Man files for everyone.I won't go into details but it was enough to make me decide to take a break.
Anyways moving on I decided to get back into armour making and made the decision to finally make my own Iron Man Suit as most of us I am making the Helmet first.
I'm now finally Happy with the end result of the pep process in the build.
I started out using Dungbeetles helmet and then finally decided on Sharks modified HD Helmet.
A few days ago I posted some comments on The Black Hatters thread suggesting that he should start again on his helmet and just to prove I also follow my own advice I decided to show my attempts
Please excuse the poor lighting its the best I could manage and I have no flash on my camera phone.
1st pic is my attempts going left to right 1st attempt to the final winning build.
IMAG0045.jpg

I think I finally nailed it
IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

6 I only pepped 5 lol
They have not been glassed properly so would not stand up to shipping.
The other 4 are rejects and will be destroyed by tomorrow.
Took me about a week to get to where I am now.
1st thing in the morning I'm going to re-supply on resin and bondo.
I'll try to update as best I can but I have a lot of RL commitments at the moment

6 I only pepped 5 lol
They have not been glassed properly so would not stand up to shipping.
The other 4 are rejects and will be destroyed by tomorrow.
Took me about a week to get to where I am now.
1st thing in the morning I'm going to re-supply on resin and bondo.
I'll try to update as best I can but I have a lot of RL commitments at the moment

Oh my Bad, I thought there were those 5 and the perfect helmet was the one in the last pics.

but Please let me get one, I pay for shipping, just dont let those beautiful babies die!!! :p

Wow, that looks awesome! your really dedicated to making the perfect helmet! I commend you! I just ran out of super glue so ill have to run to the store tomorrow. But i love going into ace, it makes me feel so grown up (17). But yeah, you really worked hard, but really, i dont see many flaws with any of those helmets. D:

Those all look great. I wish I had the patience for pepping, but it just annoys me. Want to pep me a Mk3 helmet? I'll pay you. :D

Nice! Did you use default scale? I did, and it looks like this:

GSTza.jpg

No I used a scale to suit me.
I already know what the helmet looks like I made it myself remember?
Plus you already posted a pic of your WIP in another thread.

The only difference with yours and mins is I decided not to make the HD eye's if you look at my 2nd pic you'll see where I started to attatch the HD eyes on to the forehead.

Well its been long enough for me to post without breaking any rules and I also have an update so I'm ok.
Over the Weekend I managed to find the time to glass the Helmet and Seperate it this morning before I head off to work.
One or Two minor repairs needed wich is to be expected depending on how I feel tonight when I get in from work I'll start work on repairing the helmet and finish off the glassing.
IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

im new here and dont really know how to use this forum all that well, but i have been looking around trying to find some specs to build a replica like the one you made (you did an awesome job!!!) and havent really found anything. i was hoping one of you guys would be so generous as to show me the way?
thank you =]

im new here and dont really know how to use this forum all that well, but i have been looking around trying to find some specs to build a replica like the one you made (you did an awesome job!!!) and havent really found anything. i was hoping one of you guys would be so generous as to show me the way?
thank you =]

If you mean your looking for the file I used then its here
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24784-Iron-Man-Mark-6-Hd-Pepakura-Project?highlight=sharkhead
If you require more info on how to build and so on then I'd suggest you read all the stickies first then if your not sure on anything feel free to ask.

Hey, its looking awesome. The cuts were solid, the glassing looks good. Its coming along well. Cant wait to see it totally done.

I am liking this thread so far!
I still can't believe you pepped that many helmets! I would have exploded by the time I pepped my second one. :p

Thanks Leda well the key to this hobby is patience. It'd wierd in every other part of my life I'm far from patient but with this hobby I don't care how long it takes me I simply make sure I enjoy every step of the process knowing that at the end of it all I can stand back and look at it and think to myself I made that :)
I'm currently repairing the edges of the face plate and helmet but to ensure I don't mess up I'm laying down my dremel and sanding by hand where needed to re-apply the edges again.
This is taking along time as well as not really having much time until the weekend so I'm doing very small bits at a time once this is completed I will then go at it with the bondo.
The bondo wont take to long however.

Sorry if this is considered a double post but it has been a few hours.
I've been trying to locate some high quality reference images of the MKVI Helmet but I've come up empty handed.
If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it . Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back