Finally Posting Pic's Of Our 117

Status
Not open for further replies.

grid 187

Here it is FINALLY in the public eye, since we've made a few adjustments here and there we believe that our SPARTAN will always remain a WIP! Pics are a bit blurry due to crappy room lighting but we will update and post new pics that are more clear soon!

UNSC

Since were doing other projects we put master chief in our 150g fish tank for display, well at least for now!

[attachment=8333:photo_0011.jpg]

[attachment=8334:photo_0012.jpg]

This pic shows the carboard backing without shoulders attached.

[attachment=8335:photo_0013.jpg]

[attachment=8336:photo_0015.jpg]

[attachment=8372:photo_0021.jpg]

[attachment=8373:photo_0022.jpg]

My Sonny spartan 0.17 in training hehe

[attachment=8374:photo_0025.jpg]

AR v.1

[attachment=8337:photo_0015.jpg]

[attachment=8338:photo_0017.jpg]

[attachment=8339:photo_0016.jpg]

rundown said:
Is that a custom carboard made MC, it looks great.
All we build is cardboard based creations, each piece we make is original with no cast replicated using to techniques of Chris Gilmour bar none the best carboard creator out there. Thank you for the comment! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
box o crayons said:
wow thats all cardboard thats amazing
All except for the visor of course. The visor is from HJC and if tinted in the inside with 3% limo tint from ASPEN TINT in seattle which give of a very distinct look inside and out!

Seattle, you say? I am quite near-ish that area...

Looks very good! THe boots are my favorite for some reason. :p

Achille said:
Seattle, you say? I am quite near-ish that area...

Looks very good! The boots are my favorite for some reason. :p
Haha thanks I appreciate that, right now I'm getting ready for sakuracon @ the Convention Center in Downtown Seattle next month. I still got to update the 117 armor suite for the launch release of halo 3:O.D.S.T @ gamestop in tukwila so maybe if you come to the launch event, I'll see ya there hopefully...

UNSC

UNSC Certified said:
I still got to update the 117 armor suite for the launch release of halo 3:O.D.S.T @ gamestop in tukwila so maybe if you come to the launch event, I'll see ya there hopefully...

Possibly; I should (hopefully) have my chief done by then. Not an ODST, but still Halo. :p

box o crayons said:
wait are you missing the arms or are there just no pics yet
No the entire suit is DONE it just in part form rightnow due to limited room space, As i stated previously I will update pics as soon as i am able.

thanks
UNSC

Well, I agree it's definately about time we saw this. You've been talking about it for long enough :p lol

I (as well as others here) have been anticipating seeing this project of yours for a while now, so I'm glad to see it finally come to fruition.

Considering you made it all out of cardboard, it looks great, girl. You guys put in a nice amount of detail on every part of it, and you made a good choice of colouring too.

I would imagine that, like the AR, you built the armour using layered cardboard. Looks to be rather thick stuff, too. Is it heavy to wear, given the thickness of the layers? o_O

SPARTAN II said:
Well, I agree it's definately about time we saw this. You've been talking about it for long enough :p lol

I (as well as others here) have been anticipating seeing this project of yours for a while now, so I'm glad to see it finally come to fruition.

Considering you made it all out of cardboard, it looks great, girl. You guys put in a nice amount of detail on every part of it, and you made a good choice of colouring too.

I would imagine that, like the AR, you built the armour using layered cardboard. Looks to be rather thick stuff, too. Is it heavy to wear, given the thickness of the layers? o_O
absolutely it gets kinda dawnting at times we still got alot of quirks to get rid of as far as total mobility is concerned but overall we are satisfied with its design given the materials we use!! thanks you for your kind words as always rightrow were getting prints ready for the design of the halowars spartan armor so bak to the drawing board for us, as always!! LOL

cheers
UNSC

UNSC Certified said:
[...]

absolutely it gets kinda dawnting at times we still got alot of quirks to get rid of as far as total mobility is concerned but overall we are satisfied with its design given the materials we use!! thanks you for your kind words as always rightrow were getting prints ready for the design of the halowars spartan armor so bak to the drawing board for us, as always!! LOL

cheers
UNSC

Ooooh... Halo Wars SPARTAN armour, you say? Haven't seen many people attempt that model yet, so it should be kewl to see you guys put that together. Let us know of your progress on that one, girl ;)

SPARTAN II said:
Ooooh... Halo Wars SPARTAN armour, you say? Haven't seen many people attempt that model yet, so it should be kewl to see you guys put that together. Let us know of your progress on that one, girl ;)
timecon started his and i must say look absolutely awesome, so the bars been set, like always LOL

Thats really good i just cant see how you can make it out of cardboard to me its very difficult so i do the pepakura way is simpler and faster well thats my opinion :D i just cant wait to finish mine so everyone can see it.

EMOD360 said:
Thats really good i just cant see how you can make it out of cardboard to me its very difficult so i do the pepakura way is simpler and faster well thats my opinion :D i just cant wait to finish mine so everyone can see it.

I can actually agree with you, if you really never had used cardboard it kinda dawnting at first but as soon as you understand the physical properties of how cardboard can be manipulated then the rest should be history,,..:) We've been building with cardoard for 3 years now and love how much faster and easier the building process is vs pep, all that time cutting out the pieces when you could be detailing and building at the same time is a perk cardboard carries. But to each is their own. Happy building and hope to see what you've done so far!!

UNSC

UNSC Certified said:
timecon started his and i must say look absolutely awesome, so the bars been set, like always LOL

Well, like I said, I haven't seen many people attempt that design, so yours would still be one of the first done around here. Haven't seen TC's build, so I'll definately have to check it out :cool:

P.S.: If you take a quick look at my sig below, you'll see I've been working on a few things myself, though not in the same manner as you. Check out the links and let me know what you think, girl!

Spartan 035 said:
That is really nice, the kid with the helmet and the AR made me lol.
Thanks for the compliment!! :) Yea our son is a ispiring S.I.T "SPARTAN in training"LOL Thats his 15 seconds of fame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back