Finheads Ironman Build - Prototype Hing With Chin Movement P.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again guys it's starting to take shape now. :)

STEALTH said:
The Super Thread is back!

Thanks Stealth for all the help on this, without you Dancin_Fool and Starx I'd be lost. :)

IroniumCostuming said:
finny, fin boy, fin-head. how did you glass the helm all together and pull it apart? dremel, wax paper between the pieces? how!?!

Actually I just held everything together with binder clips and at the end just cut it up with the dremel. If I had to do it again I would have used wax paper or maybe plastic coated playing cards between the seams so they could just simply pry apart at the end. PM on the way.:)

Drgnfyre4 said:
Aside from loving the quality of your finished work...I am delighted at seeing someone doing it right and not trying to cheap out. Proof positive that you get back what you put into your craft. Keep sharing the build pics as it is very inspirational.

Coming from a man of your talent and the fact you work in the prop field that means allot glad you like it. :) And yeah figured there's no point cheaping out now, I'd just find another way to waist my money anyway. :cool

MADsMoKe said:
Yeh Finhead i am so happy that you re-posted this, I think i am making the same Helmet as you, But did you realise that it's more like the Mark II than the Mark III

as the gaps at the jaw line kind of suggest.

Anyway i know the Helmets are diffrent but i think i am going to make the rest of the Suit as War machine as it will look more fitting to my build.

Nice Thread

Not quit sure what you mean by this?? I'm using Dungs old helmet file, but the Mark2 and Mark3 are almost identical except for the paint and a few extra rivets on the 2.

IronmanMark2-1.jpg

Cinefex114.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Darth Scruffy said:
Looking at all these threads containing Iron Man Armor besides the hands not being done yet, I can't help but wonder about the repulsors, the head mechanicals to make the lid go up and down, some sort of internal communications systems, and the joints of the arms and legs to give more mobility if you were to completely cover everything so that no black under suit is showing. I think that there are some threads working on that last part with some really good under armor suit. I will have links posted to the stuff that I find to help with building this thing as screen accurate as possible. I will keep you all posted with further ideas and solutions.

It's great for you to wonder, but why in my thread? ;)

I think for the most part guys should be focusing on actually getting a suit fully peped. Then fully resined and glassed or how ever they want to strengthen it. Then do the finishing work. If you get that far for sure start worrying about how your going to get the faceplate to flip (already have a plan and servos ;) ) Or how your going to build your abs elbos etc so they move ( already figured that out as well ;) ) Gloves are unfolded and ready to pep, repulsors all figered as well. ;) Really if you look in the Ironman threads (there's really only 4-5 good main threads) they have all the files and information already in them. But Like I said finishing details should be left for last, if you make it that far. :p

What are you doing for the eyes? Clear lenses with LED's? Or since you are going so far as the motorized face plate, will you be doing something like a pin-hole camera and PMV screens in the helm? ;)

Finhead said:
It's great for you to wonder, but why in my thread? ;)

I think for the most part guys should be focusing on actually getting a suit fully peped. Then fully resined and glassed or how ever they want to strengthen it. Then do the finishing work. If you get that far for sure start worrying about how your going to get the faceplate to flip (already have a plan and servos ;) ) Or how your going to build your abs elbos etc so they move ( already figured that out as well ;) ) Gloves are unfolded and ready to pep, repulsors all figered as well. ;) Really if you look in the Ironman threads (there's really only 4-5 good main threads) they have all the files and information already in them. But Like I said finishing details should be left for last, if you make it that far. :p

I am sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean any harm. I am new to this and was wondering out loud. I apologize and it won't happen again. You are doing a great job and I could only wish to do as good on my armor you have done on yours. I just like to plan ahead. I will look at the rest of the threads some more to limit my questions and stop my idiotic random postings. Again, I am sorry and keep up the great work man. I will finish if my wife lets me.

Darth Scruffy said:
I am sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean any harm. I am new to this and was wondering out loud. I apologize and it won't happen again. You are doing a great job and I could only wish to do as good on your armor when I have mine put together. I just like to plan ahead. I will look at the rest of the thread some more to limit my questions and stop my idiotic random postings. Again, I am sorry and keep up the great work man.

Oh sorry I didn't mean to come off like that. That's why I added the smiley guys. :) :) :) :)

I was just sayin it'll all come together in the end. And the info is out there just have to dig a bit. :)

lordzoabar said:
What are you doing for the eyes? Clear lenses with LED's? Or since you are going so far as the motorized face plate, will you be doing something like a pin-hole camera and PMV screens in the helm? ;)

Haven't even thought about it actually. When I get that far on the finishing stage I'll be sure to post whatever I hack together. :p

holy crap. wow, just wow. i have been following the other topic and when you changed the first post, i thought you finished it complely without pictures. but still, great work on the pepping and hardening. do you plan to make molds to sell?

Finhead said:
Oh sorry I didn't mean to come off like that. That's why I added the smiley guys. :) :) :) :)

I was just sayin it'll all come together in the end. And the info is out there just have to dig a bit. :)

I just don't want to mess up big and get kicked off of here. My wife would love it if I couldn't finish. I am totally drooling over this armor and I really want to make it. Thank you for all your help and advice. I will start my own thread once I am finished finding the answers and building the armor. Thanks again.

Darth Scruffy said:
I just don't want to mess up big and get kicked off of here. My wife would love it if I couldn't finish. I am totally drooling over this armor and I really want to make it. Thank you for all your help and advice. I will start my own thread once I am finished finding the answers and building the armor. Thanks again.

I know how that is... My mom is the same way with me and my armor heh.

IroniumCostuming said:
whos shoulder bell files did you use?

Med-Def from Carnage's files.

I'm going to post all the files I used on the first page tomorrow if I have time.

Finhead said:
Not quit sure what you mean by this?? I'm using Dungs old helmet file, but the Mark2 and Mark3 are almost identical except for the paint and a few extra rivets on the 2.

IronmanMark2-1.jpg

Cinefex114.jpg

I dont even know what i am talking about i think i am pretty much asking for an opinion here, Do you think that i could just make the rest of my suit as war machine and have the Mark 3 Helmet on top or will it look silly! cos i dont want tht.

Deadalus Thorn said:
Glad to see you back Finhead :)

Good to be back, Hope those files work out for you. Shoot me an email if you need any help :)

MADsMoKe said:
I dont even know what i am talking about i think i am pretty much asking for an opinion here, Do you think that i could just make the rest of my suit as war machine and have the Mark 3 Helmet on top or will it look silly! cos i dont want tht.

Not sure I can help you on that, never seen it before. I would see if I can find a 3d render of what your looking to build. But it might look ak as the WM helmet is the same basic shape.

llinformerll said:
Ah, the Iron Monger is back. Hey Finhead, are you thinking of installing a voice changer in the helmet?

I'll have to check when I get that far. I have not looked into it is there something out there that is fairly cheap. :)

I have an update I'll put up later today and I'll throw some links up on the first post to most/all the files I've been using.:)

Thanks. :)

Some of the guys have been asking about how I do my pep work, so I thought I'd throw it in here so everyone that wanted to know can. :)

This is probably not that interesting but some have asked so.

I don't use hot glue, I use SuperGlue Gel works fast and easy for me.

I hardly if ever use a Exacto knife, I use scissors.

I do not score my fold lines with a pen, I use a ruler or a "DULL" razor blade to fold over.

Here's a few pics of what I mean.

Folding my edges.

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

After they are all folded they look like this.

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

After that I simply glue em up. :)

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

Hope that helps some out and explains to others. :)

I am also glad to see you stayed. You do great work & would hate to see you go. Keep up the great work.

Thanks.

Some of the guys have been asking about how I do my pep work, so I thought I'd throw it in here so everyone that wanted to know can.

This is probably not that interesting but some have asked so.

I don't use hot glue, I use SuperGlue Gel works fast and easy for me.

I hardly if ever use a Exacto knife, I use scissors.

I do not score my fold lines with a pen, I use a ruler or a "DULL" razor blade to fold over.

Here's a few pics of what I mean.

Folding my edges.

I am also glad to see this post back up and runninging. Also just like everyone else I love the work you do just one thing. You said you use super glue, which I also do, but is that the brand of super glue you use because if you do wow that has to get expensive real quick. I just use generic super glue that comes in a 4pack at walmart because it only cost $1.00 there. Doesn't that stuff run about $3.00. Oh well your also in Canada and I personly do not no the exchange rate in money from the US to Canada so it might be bout the same price. Also I do about the same thing with my folds, but instead of a just plain razor I use a really dull exacto knife. So maybe I might be able to put out some decent work that might be compareable to yours some day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back