!!Finished**!! Foam Reach Armor for my Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'r daughter must have stole the cake and all the candy in your hood! If she's still into trick or treatin'

Great looking armor build!

People like you make me start thinking that foam is actually a better way to make armor than pep or sculpting!

Thumbs up!

...28 Days Later.... I will post more later...
IMG_1779.jpg

Please forgive me for saying this. But she's looking GREAT in her uniform!
If she were to walk past me on the streets, she'd DEFINITIVELY make MY head turn right 'round!

*I mean this in the best and most congratulating manner! To any and all weirdos thinking evil out there!

Awesome work on the armor! Seriously!

That looks amazing! The color really makes it pop. Reminds me of Daisey-023 from Legends!

looks great! so foam is pretty easy to work with? Ive just done the paper method with fiberglass and that takes some time.

@ TK-3350 - LOL I will let her know! And thanks!
@ Jason-078 - The color came out better than what I thought
@Tzahalon - Yes I liked working with the foam! Its fairly easy. The hard part was figuring out of a few of the pieces went together
More Photos
IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

I Had to do this!!
IMG_1791.jpg

you're welcome! Seriously!

You've got the skillz. And she seems to have the poses of a real spartan!

GREAT pics!

Any recomendations on making foam armor? I'm SO gona try this on for size!

Why thank you! And she said thank you also! She was very happy with her suit!
One thing I found out on the foam, make sure your blade is always sharp!! I used the one where the blades break off. You can buy them cheap! Watch your angles on how you hold the knife when cutting too.

Yeas, she's welcome too! xD

I'm into surgical knives. The ones with a metal handle and interchangable blades. Currently I use a 22 for leather crafting. But for Foam I've been recomended a nr. 11 blade. They come 100 blades for a few €/$. So they're very affordable and work like a charm! Imagine a blade so sharp that you can cut 3.5mm thick TANNED leather as if it were 5mm eva foam!

Really scary sometimes. But I'll definitevely keep that in mind, about using razor sharp blades for cutting! Thumbs up for the recommendation!

very nice. i had to build my suit myself your daughter is one lucky girl.

Thanks everyone!! She had a blast on her first outing!! I still have things to do. She wants lights and painting details done.
while making hers I put together me some forearms. What so you guys think about them?
IMG_1810.jpg

wow those look fantastic! Your foam work is practically flawless and I think the weathering on your forearm and hand plate looks great! Can't wait to see more

Thanks! The paint job came out better than I hoped! Where is the rest? LOL Well.. have to buy more foam first! I think i will make a "Carter" but mine will be red. I have not seen one red yet, besides im that crazy about blue. I do have the helmet made and one coat of resin on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back