Finished! Kat's Helmet with pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasello

First off i'd like to say hello to the 405th again. Kinda been occupied lately with work and life. So after my dissapearance i'm back and with pictures! Tell me what you like, tell me what you don't and ask questions if you have any = )

Love th visor = D
mms_picture-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Side View
mms_picture-2.jpg

Me in the bathroom lol
mms_picture-3.jpg

Painted the emblem on the back there similar to the one i use in my online gameplay
1022101613a.jpg

Had to do the leather jacket shot ; )
mms_picture-4.jpg

I've got padding on the inside and eveything. I'm still doing a little bit of work on the padding on the inside but it's battle ready and super fun to wear while driving down the road! ; )

mms_picture-2.jpg

mms_picture-3.jpg

1022101613a.jpg

mms_picture-4.jpg

lol i get that sometimes...to be honest though i like streamlined and more stylish helms. It just so happens tht 343 industries and Bungie decided to give that helm to a female character. Either way I love it. (and to answer your question yes I am a dude lol)

it is a shame they gave it to a female charecter but i will say it's a nice helmet but there's better ones than that (in my opinion)

yeah, i like the Gungir, CQB (which i may build next) Pilot, Grenadie and Security out o the reach helms.

The Kat helmet looks good. And as long as it isn't the a femenin color they all can look masculin.
The gungnir helmet just looks like a welding mask to me. But I prefer Master Chief over anything else.

It's pretty bad, that would definetly be a helm worth investing in a video moniter for. Do i smell consignment? haha i'm pretty proud seeing as how ths is my first attempt at anything from 405th.com had a little bit of troble getting that visor just right but it's solid now. I had to use a bit of air-dry modeling clay to fill in that gap leftover when I placed it on.

rasello
1. sorry for misspelling your name
2.since i just become an infantryman i will ask about the gungnir helmet on the other forums

rasello
1. sorry for misspelling your name
2.since i just become an infantryman i will ask about the gungnir helmet on the other forums

Thanks adam. I used the:
HJC HJ-07 Gold Shield for CL-14 CL-MAX FG-14 AC-11

Search that on ebay and you should find the visor I got. I payed 20 dollars + shipping and it was more than large enough for the inside of my helmet. The vertical height tough barely made it. But considering that I was using the Aerial Assault helmet and it has pretty big visor most of the other helmets should be fine. Just make sure you have a dremel tool because even AFTER using a dremel on it it wa stubborn to snap on my cut lines.

You can get some Iridium visors for 5+5 shipping on ebay right now, I have two coming otw for my Mark VI. Ras, did you sand or hand paint the helmet? I'm a fan too of the Kat helm

I put way too much Rondo on the thing. It was a pain realizing that I had to then FIND the detail that was already there in pep. So yes, I did...a LOT of sanding, grinding and shaping. Then I bought a few paints from home depot and gt it up to speed. I did a little hand painting, yes. But most of it was layered spray paint. My next helmet will be a lot better. now that I have experience with Pepping, rondo and paint.

There's an original progress thread for my helmet in my signature. I decided to make a new ost nstead of Necro-ing.

Ah, I'm on my first project as well, a whole Suit in 3 weeks. It's been rough, but the pep work is good so far. I saved the helmet for the last week after I got my pep experience up. So were you able to sand that bondo glass?

looking good no offence but your a boy why make kat's helmet

(sitting on my chair hoping you realy are a boy)

Well, we could just say it's the Air Assault helmet. I like the smooth lines and it seems like a logical progression from the ODST helmet. I was planning on making my next armor with that helmet but I started having second thoughts when I realized that I would paint it blue and Kat's armor is also blue. I'm afarid I'd end up at Comic-con with people thinking I'm a cross-dressing spartan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back