finished my helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i've been reading got my info and wanted to know fiberglass jelly is that use on the out side with fiberglass cloth or just fiber glass. for example this picture is it fiberglassed inside and out??? help please dont want to mess up the forth one up..... o, and the the detail do i add cardboard on the helmet of just put the jelly fiberglass on???

Jordan Roajs said:
ok so i've been reading got my info and wanted to know fiberglass jelly is that use on the out side with fiberglass cloth or just fiber glass. for example this picture is it fiberglassed inside and out??? help please dont want to mess up the forth one up..... o, and the the detail do i add cardboard on the helmet of just put the jelly fiberglass on???

......... well pics please :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok like this

81z4hl0.jpg

and my is this one

6o3jfd2.jpg

(protype just to start on mean while i finish the styfos helmet)

Jordan Roajs said:
ok like this

81z4hl0.jpg

and my is this one

6o3jfd2.jpg

(protype just to start on mean while i finish the styfos helmet)

your prototype isnt that good but your helmet(the one) is good ............ and its slyfo i think

OMG.... I want to make my styfo helmet look like the one on the top, with the spray paint!!!!!! now befor i start the project. i am going to use the helmet from halo 2 to see how to use fiberglass jelly..... can anyone understand me please help on dirction on how to use fiberglass jelly

Actually I think it's dannifood4less's helmet, or flying's, slyfo's is detailed, but not fully detailed.

Jordan Roajs said:
is that bad... space said he used fiberglass jelly right???
Spase used 'Metal Glaze' but the picture you posted is of DocBytes helm. He used fiberglass jelly.

He's planning on doing a tutorial, but we don't know when.

Nicktendo said:
Spase used 'Metal Glaze' but the picture you posted is of DocBytes helm. He used fiberglass jelly.

He's planning on doing a tutorial, but we don't know when.

As always thanks for the intro Nicktendo. I'm just finishing up my helmet (which is the one above). As soon as I finish I'll work out the Tutorial. For now here's the drill: I made my cardstock helmet from FS design. Then, I painted fiberglass resin on it to harden it. Next, I used fiberglass jelly to strengthen the inside and to mold and smooth the outside.

Check my blog or my thread it might help alil until I get the tutorial up.

DoC

If you did what Idid you can make your helmet look smooth on top and around, just resin and fiberglass it like normal, then sand it down with a heavy sand block, sand down tot he fiberglass, then re resin the outside, the sand it lightly to make it smooth, take out clumps and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back