FirePhoenix's helmet using Flying squirl's model ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

I just bondo-ed it and I'm pretty satisfied with it so far.. I'm gonna sand it Asap and then do another coat of resin :)

Anyways here are some pics

SIDE
Afbeelding004.jpg

SIDE 2
Afbeelding001.jpg

Afbeelding003.jpg

FRONT
Afbeelding002.jpg

BACK
Afbeelding005.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Resin
Yay.jpg

Cya :)

P.S.

Please leave some comments =P

( sorry i just like that kitty =P )

Last edited by a moderator:
i know that flying squirrel did a great job with the pep file and it may be complex to make, but your work does it justice. Good job man. I just finished fibreglassing the inside of my helm and it goes solid but make sure your head can fit in the helm without scrapping the sides as when its fibreglassed the bottom won't bend to let your head slide in.
Anyway great job andgood luck

Thanks all, that was really fast =P

Yeah I noticed that orange hero, I've cut off the neck and now it fits really well, and i got enough room for the fibreglass :)

I was wondering... After fiberglassing should I sand it or bondo it? Or first sand hen bondo... Also, when do I need to apply another coat of resin?

Hey man ziet er goed uit, als je hulp nodigt heb gewoon vragen en ik kijk wat ik voor je kan doen.

For the people who didn't get it,

falcon NL said:
Looks good, if you need any help just ask.

You got to love it.. dutch

lol... good work so far... You got alot of sanding to go... interested to see How F-Sq's helms turn out

I only laugh cause I remember looking at my helm when it looked like yours does now and going... OMG what have I gotten myself into... I couldn't have been satisfied with just the pep

Keep it up though, your moving pretty fast, looking good so far

FirePhoenix NL said:
Yeah, the support struts work really great :)
thats good to hear althoe i think i see a lil denting at the top. ill make up some struts for that if its a recurring problem.

falcon NL said:
You got to love it.. dutch
so true :lol:

great work bdw. and like dannifood4less said show us some pics with the bondo!!!!

oh also, i know ive said it before but just to remind you and anyone thinkin of doin this one, theres a 5mm extra rim along the inside where the visor goes so keep that in mind when fitting. i put it in to help with the fitting end of things.

EDIT: hahahaha, never mind. by the time i posted you had em up.

Spase said:
lol... good work so far... You got alot of sanding to go... interested to see How F-Sq's helms turn out

I only laugh cause I remember looking at my helm when it looked like yours does now and going... OMG what have I gotten myself into... I couldn't have been satisfied with just the pep

Keep it up though, your moving pretty fast, looking good so far

Yeah when I get enough money I am going to get a black and decker mouse sander =P
Does anyone know the price of such a thing?

FirePhoenix NL said:
Yeah when I get enough money I am going to get a black and decker mouse sander =P
Does anyone know the price of such a thing?

Should be about $40 retail from a hardware home improvement store...

TwitchFMX8811 said:
Where did you split up the pieces in the pep program.

I am not quite sure what u mean, could you rephrase it please?

Btw, Spase.. How did you get that detail in the area just above the glass? I mean the ... Goddamn.. I can't describe it =P

FirePhoenix NL said:
I am not quite sure what u mean, could you rephrase it please?

Btw, Spase.. How did you get that detail in the area just above the glass? I mean the ... Goddamn.. I can't describe it =P

The raised areas in the visor? or the dark area on the bottom of the Brim.

Spase said:
The raised areas in the visor? or the dark area on the bottom of the Brim.

This part:

2.jpg

U got some lines at that area, don't you? Did you like glaze it and then used a dremel orso?

In that picture, the underside of the brim is actually painted flat black, its just paint... I have added detail now, no pictures posted, but I used an approximation of DarthCalibar's "For Sale" sign technique to add the raised areas need, as well as around the back of the neck, and the areas at the side of the visor...

Spase said:
In that picture, the underside of the brim is actually painted flat black, its just paint... I have added detail now, no pictures posted, but I used an approximation of DarthCalibar's "For Sale" sign technique to add the raised areas need, as well as around the back of the neck, and the areas at the side of the visor...

Ah, well then I mistook you with darthcalibar... Anyways, could you explain it a little bit because I don't really understand it the way dathcalibar tells it.

Edit: and should i do another coat of resin after sanding? and then just prime + paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back