FirePhoenix's helmet using Flying squirl's model ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
FirePhoenix NL said:
Ah, well then I mistook you with darthcalibar... Anyways, could you explain it a little bit because I don't really understand it the way dathcalibar tells it.

Edit: and should i do another coat of resin after sanding? and then just prime + paint?

No reason to put resin on after the Bondo putty stage, just use a 320 grip sand paper on the whole helm to smooth out the rough sanding marks, clean off the dust real well... then just prime and paint.

This is a rough sketch from memory, the detail shap is not correct, so don't print and use it as a pattern or anything... but this is approximately how I did mine...

1.) drew the brim shape onto paper, then drew the detail stencil inside the brim outline
2.) cut the brim detail out of a piece of material with some thickness... a plastic "For Sale" sign, foam board, card board... whatever like you can find
3.) glue this to the underside and fill in the edges with a bit of putty, glaze, hot glue... just remember it has to be paintable, most bathroom caulk is not.
4.) prime, and paint....

gallery_3819_134_5673.jpg

This is one way that I and DarthCalibar added detail to a pep helm

Last edited by a moderator:
Spase said:
No reason to put resin on after the Bondo putty stage, just use a 320 grip sand paper on the whole helm to smooth out the rough sanding marks, clean off the dust real well... then just prime and paint.

This is a rough sketch from memory, the detail shap is not correct, so don't print and use it as a pattern or anything... but this is approximately how I did mine...

1.) drew the brim shape onto paper, then drew the detail stencil inside the brim outline
2.) cut the brim detail out of a piece of material with some thickness... a plastic "For Sale" sign, foam board, card board... whatever like you can find
3.) glue this to the underside and fill in the edges with a bit of putty, glaze, hot glue... just remember it has to be paintable, most bathroom caulk is not.
4.) prime, and paint....

gallery_3819_134_5673.jpg

Thank you :) that's what I thought, but now I know for sure :)

So, no resin? That spares me some money :)

Twitch, do you have your print and paper settings on A4/Letter size? Also, I recommend downloading the file again because it's pretty messed up... I hope I answered you enough, else let me know.

just a tip on bondo-ing
when you are working with the bondo and the bondo starts having more resistance as you use it dont use that bondo that much becuase it will look like his helmet up there....doin this will save you so much time and so much engery....i stil think ur helmet is awsome though!!!!!

Good work. I keep seeing all of these really good pep helmets lately. I am going to have to try this.

i have an updated post on the pepa forum, kinda deserted this noob forum:p

anyways.. I'm currently painting... got a silver coat on it now and will do the green one in about 10minutes :)

i shall keep this thread updated, just as my other. :)

Spartan HJD said:
You sand it and sand it and sand it. :p
Does "Posted Nov 4 2007, 10:05 AM" not mean anything? You're giving advice to a dead topic.

Locked and Warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back