1st Build First armor build

Quick update, printed the right shoulder and the chest. Found the chest to be too big and decided to get a different file for the chest and thighs. While this are printing Ive been sanding, bondoing, and priming, and sanding non stop. I magnetized the helmet attachment so it can be removable if I decide I don't like it.
I also found pep files for the under suit, so I'll be using those to make the Eva foam under bits. Haven't decided what thickness of foam is best for certain areas yet so suggestions on that are welcome.
1000002302.jpg
1000002296.jpg
had a support fail 90% of the way through a 4 day print, but caught it when it happened and was able to glue the support to the bed, and then use a pice of paper to provide a new surface and it successfully finished

1000002282.jpg
1000002286.jpg
 
Printed one thigh and it came out the smoothest print I've gotten since I finally kinda figured out how to get a good level and set the z height right. It doesn't really look like it, but I've had some really rough layer lines, but this is so smooth to the touch besides subtle repetitive banding, but even that is really smooth. So hopefully the other thigh comes out as good too
1000002348.jpg
sizing wise, I'm able to bend my leg with ease
1000002349.jpg
1000002350.jpg
 
I have an Elegoo Neptune 4 Max. The build space is great, but getting and keeping that bed level to get smooth prints is a Pain in the ass. But it's been very reliable compared to other brands I've heard about. Course Bambu still reins supreme. If u get a Neptune series I'd suggest the one step down from the max
Ill definitely look into that for my next printer !
 
Update, reprinted chest with a different model, almost done post processing
1000002407.jpg
i also finally got the tints I wanna use for my visor instead of spray chroming as I'm hoping I'll have clearer visibility. One is a one way mirrored window tint that goes on the inside of windows, the other is headlight tint that goes on the outside that can heat shrink
1000002405.jpg
 
Update time:
Tried to wrap my visor, but having never wrapped anything nor own a heat gun it went terribly, so I went to dye it instead and the water was too hot so it warped and I bought a new one. At least I know that Rit dye more will work on visors
1000002452.jpg
1000002454.jpg

Next I have finally started wet sanding and putting a glossy black base coat down for the metallics. I'm still deciding on a color, but I'm making a choice tonight.
1000002499.jpg
1000002516.jpg
1000002526.jpg
 
Printed one thigh and it came out the smoothest print I've gotten since I finally kinda figured out how to get a good level and set the z height right. It doesn't really look like it, but I've had some really rough layer lines, but this is so smooth to the touch besides subtle repetitive banding, but even that is really smooth.
I've had a similar issue to the one you have on your thigh pieces. The ripples for me were caused by a loose printer carriage. Check the eccentric nuts on the wheels of the carriage. They could be too loose. Armor looks fantastic so far!!
 
I've had a similar issue to the one you have on your thigh pieces. The ripples for me were caused by a loose printer carriage. Check the eccentric nuts on the wheels of the carriage. They could be too loose. Armor looks fantastic so far!!
Thanks! I'll check those, I think the wheels on the gantry might be wonky, when I checked, only the lower two were making contact
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back
Top