First Armor Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletierm8

so im here about 4 days meybe and i choose for first helmet a recon helmet, i would like to know if this is a too hard helmet because this one is my favorite. and i need to know some things.

-1 I can't make it whit fiberglass cause im too young, so i choose to make it whit paper mache it and i need to know how many coat i need to put if i want it to be hard enough?

2- Im just 13 yrs old so im not rich so what can I take to make the visor whitout paying 39$?

3- In my pepakura should I do or do not put the paper visor on it, do i need to put it?

-4 For pepakura do i need normal paper or other paper more like carboard???

plz undersant me cause I want it to be beautiful cause all my friend said me ­­­(It's to hard for you Pell) pls said me that this is not. :)

180px-Eodrecon.jpg

The Recon is realy one of the easiest helmets in my opinion so you shouldn't have any problems with it.

You can put the paper visor on it so it won't warp while resining it but since you won't be fiberglassing you wont really need the paper visor, it's all just whether or not you want it.

You need card stock for pepakura, normal paper is too weak and will be warped.

You can find a visor for $20 but it's a pain and would take time looking around for one. In the end you can just use some sort of colored plastic sheet if you can't buy a visor.

Good luck, hope this helps :D .

Yes, you can find cardstock at Wal-Mart. For the visor, just grab a bottle of rootbeer or orange pop and cut out the middle section. That way you won't have to pay for a visor.

For the visor, see if you can blag one off a motorbike shop. As I said, I don't know what the laws are like over there, but you could try anyway. As for papier mache, make it as thick as you are willing to go, because stronger is always better, even if just for display purposes.

ok so i take note il try to find something for the visor maybe like 009-SPA said im just gonna go to snowmobile accesories and i will check for that ok thamks guy plz continue to answers

hu.. can someone give me an image of cardstock because im french and i speak french but im not an english completly so plz give me an image.

so its not color paper. ok

and i was thinking do i need to bondo whit paper mache it...

i know im anoyin but i want it to be beautifull so plz understand.

well if you are doing paper mache instead of fiber glass then i wouldnt see the point of doing bondo resin if thats what your talking about but if you wanted more detail then i would suggest some bondo body filler but only for the detailed parts, but that might also require some help from parents because you may need to use some tools with it to get the nice lines.

ok so i will look bondo tutorial and im gonna see if i need my parent and do i paper mache it befor or i bondo before...

i've read tutorial but im french so there are word that i don't know.

I'm not real sure i think that you do bondo putty after the paper mache but dont take my word on it because all of my armor is fiberglass. You might want to check around and see if there are any other posts regarding paper mache armor.

Do not do paper mache! I used it on a water proffed pep helmet the water still warped and wripped it. You first need to put 2-3 coats of a sealent on it (I used tempera gloss varnish if they have this in france I don't know) this may make it hard enough for you if not you can use plaster instead of paper mache.

and this is gonna be solid or not, is the detail gonna be more beautifull that paper mache it... and my father is saying that this is toxic... im 13 yrs old remember plz.

pls send me a picture of water selant maybe it's not what my father is thinking.

and im in canada, not in france lol.

Also if you can't use things with too many chemicals you can use hot glue. Its really cheap and it gives pretty good strength. There are a couple of tutorials about it through out the forum.

All you would need:

Hot glue sticks $1-$5 (you can get these anywhere walmart, dollar store, arts and craft store)

HotGlueSticks.jpg

Hot glue melting pot $10-25 (you can usually find them in the same place as the hot glue)

matght_GluePot.jpg

cheap brushes $1-$5 (anywhere)

Here is a LINK to the tutorial

Hope that helps

Pour le papier, va chez Bureau en gros, c'est facile à trouver et pas cher.

Colle, bah, le dollorama.

Visière, attends-toi à payer plus que 39$. C'est rare des visières dorées au Québec, donc souvent, faut commander d'eBay.

J'veux pas sonner méchant par contre, mais ce hobby est assez dispendieux. Avec deux casques, j'ai peut-être investi environ 500$, et je suis loin d'avoir fini.

Si tu as la perséverance pour, Pepakura peut être le fun à 13 ans, c'est sûr que les matériaux toxiques, ce l'est moins ;)

Assure toi d'avoir toujours l'accord de tes parents, c'est mieux qu'ils te suivent durant ton progrès que s'il l'apprenaient plus tard et apprenaient que tu aurais utilisé des produits dangeureux sans leur accord, blablabla.

C'est ça des parents ;)

I understand your case but,Paper mache is not as good!,i looked into it,its a pain in the @**,so try to get resin.It will not be as solid.On top of that if you try to wear it,All you will see is cracks.

I tried every non-toxic way but nothing works like resin or bondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back