First Armor project and going strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc1336

Ok so I'v set my sights high for my first project. I plan to make a fiberglass helmet with and led backlit lense and an integrate x-box mic., for humiliating myselft at system link parties.

I'm also going to try and cronicle my adventure here with lots of pictures. I'll start now.

Step one: defeat the demon that posses my printer scanner combo, so i can print my pepakura sheets.

7122-qpSWmpOhk5.smJyVnak-p1.jpg

Step two: begin cutting out enough paper to make a whole tribe of indians cry for our dwindling environment.

7123-qpSWmpOhk5.smJyVnak-p2.jpg

Step three: get bored with cutting and try and stick a few pieces together.

7124-qpSWmpOhk5.smJyVnak-p3.jpg

Ok now that everyone is up to speed. I think I will go glue my fingers together some more.

ok I have come to an obviouse conclusion. Standard paper will not cut it for a piece this big. I need cardstock. I thought I could be cheap about this, but printer paper just isn't going to produce the quality I want. Big duh to me!

Most walmarts, at least the three in the Henderson/ Evansville area, have 110 lbs cardstock 150 sheets for just under 6 dollars.

trust me I would give my left plasma grenade for a wallmart, but the closest one is over 50 miles away. I'll have to hit up an arts and crafts store tommarow and see what I can dig up.

Ah.. I didn't realize there was more then 30 miles between any walmart. Well Like Ares said you should be able to find it somewhere else for around $10 then. I'm sure an arts and crafts store should have it, if not i would be very surprised. Good luck to you.

You might be able to find online sources via froogle (or similar services) that will be under $10 with S&H. Unfortunately that will mean a further delay until you actually receive your card stock.

But how can I borrow something and never give it back. Especially if my dad does know I even took the cardstock that he probably doesn't know existed in his office... Sorry for the off topicness.

lets just say you liberated the cardstock for the greater good.

On a side note i dont mind the off topic discusion, my project has ground to a hault untill i resuply. We gotta talk about something.

Havoc1336 said:
On a side note i dont mind the off topic discusion, my project has ground to a hault untill i resuply. We gotta talk about something.

I'm sure you don't mind :roll: ...

but the mod's do :shock: ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i guess i can save us all from big brother if i just raid my house for spare change and go get some cardstock.

ok back on track, bought a pack of cardstock. The pieces are printing as I type and I'm gearing up for an all nighter.

ok quick update I pulled a late night and got all the helmet pieces printed and cut. Now I'm gonna try and get all the folding and assembly done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back