First Build: Custom Halo: REACH Spartan III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergrace

First Build: Custom Halo: REACH Spartan III. (BECOMING PIC HEAVY)

I'm a little nervous, excited, and anxious all rolled into one. I decided to start somewhere simple, so I snagged the Scout shoulder by Ruze789 (which incidentally looks just like the CQC shoulder, unless that means "scout") and just printed out the Pep pieces. I'll be starting this weekend, so I should have some pictures to include soon. Wish me luck.

I also need to give props to the amazing tutorials and info guides in this forum, made this otherwise daunting task seem a little more manageable. Thank you all for the info and videos.

The tutorials are keeping me afloat too. I'm working on the Reach/Spartan III set too, but with the Noble VI up-armored helmet. I'm almost done with the helmet. I could be finished with pep'n it tomorrow evening after I get off from work. I'm so stoked. I can't wait to see how your set comes together as well. Good luck!

UPDATE:

Finished the CQC shoulder, and for my first piece, I'm -blam!- impressed with myself. Be gentle, it's my first pep EVER.

IMG_20101018_111813.jpg

IMG_20101018_143123.jpg

IMG_20101018_143131.jpg

It looks good man. I have found, that while I like that shoulder, the scaling won't be proper for me

So I was running around my local Ace Hardware picking up resin when I found this gem:

IMG_20101019_132859.jpg

IMG_20101019_132913.jpg

IMG_20101019_132933.jpg

For $2.50 I thought, "I bet I could make my visor out of that!" So I grabbed it.

Just thought I'd share my find with you all...

I just pepped the Knife and sheath and after I was done I realized that I can't really fiberglass the inside of an enclosed structure. So do I just resin and then fiberglass on the outside again?

upload pics to photobucket and copy the img link that will let you link photos, and it looks great expecially for your first pep

UPDATE: 10/30

Progress has been slow-moving, due to work, and me slicing a nice gash into my palm.

I pepped a Toe, I figured it would be simple, and I was somewhat wrong, as getting the whole thing to fold and contour right was a P.I.T.A. but I digress. PICTURE TIME!

IMG_20101030_174410.jpg

UPDATE: 10/31

Well I appear to be getting this whole Pepakura thing down. I powered through that other boot toe in about 5 hours, and I think it turned out pretty good! So it looks like I'll be moving on to bigger and better things soon!

Pictures:

IMG_20101031_004639.jpg

IMG_20101031_004657.jpg

IMG_20101031_004717.jpg

Sweet find on the welding visor (im assuming it is a welding replacement visor by the looks of it). To make it mirrored you can find window mirror spray that should work, just google and search for possibilities ( don't know much about them just that they do exist). Great work so far :D

Sweet find on the welding visor (im assuming it is a welding replacement visor by the looks of it). To make it mirrored you can find window mirror spray that should work, just google and search for possibilities ( don't know much about them just that they do exist). Great work so far :D

err... thats not a welding visor... that is just a usuall cutting/safty visor... Now, if he wanted a black visor, a welding visor would be good thing for him to pick up
it is dark green when there is light behind it, but once you put it in your helmet, and put it on your head, nobody is going to be seeing through that puppy any time soon, even with flash on a camera :)

To make it mirrored, you going to silver or gold? if you are going for silver, you can pick up some home window tint, it is usually reflective (as seen in the first costume of this video:
)
not meaning to put you done Wiyum. just sayin, and given diffrent was of doin things

Last edited by a moderator:
or if he/she doesn't want the "mirrored" look, they can go for a normal tinting available at most auto shops for pretty cheap

looks great. after looking through some pics of in-game shoulders, theres like a grating looking thing directly under the bulge (folded part that comes forward, idk what you call it). just thought i might let you know in case you wanted it to look exact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back