First build (H3:ODST)(Image heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow really nice man. I love what your using for the under armor. you said its for paintball? Your armor is coming together nicely. Keep up the fantastic job.

Thanks man ^_^ i always worry about each post as im never sure if we just screwed up xD yeah the pads are proto elbow pads, planet eclipse chest and valken gloves, decent mixing and matching to personal effect xD this will of course make for decent reach under armor too i thinks... - Joe

Yah that was pretty much my same thought. I was lookin into paintball armor recently but hadnt seen anyone use it yet(maybe didnt look too well) but now with some point of reference i think i'll use it. And dont worry I think your doing a great job. hope when i get around to an odst build it comes out half as good.

Yah that was pretty much my same thought. I was lookin into paintball armor recently but hadnt seen anyone use it yet(maybe didnt look too well) but now with some point of reference i think i'll use it. And dont worry I think your doing a great job. hope when i get around to an odst build it comes out half as good.

Cheers broseph, I think paintball armour's the way to go, it seems like it'll suit any armour you throw over it! Thanks a lot for the compliments, i'm sure you'll get there :)
-Elliot

hey guys, sooo we did more today...

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg
IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

just got to finish the helmet and strap it all up, im struggling to strap the belt and shoulders abit xD so im calling it a night and posting - Joe

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 168
Thanks guys! It's been a hard two months but the end is in sight. Hope your EOD comes out fresh Sk8, it's looking good!
Yeah it's been my first build, learnt a lot along the way that'll make the next one WAY easier. :)
-Elliot

Hi Man!
Good work.

It is convenient to you to bend a knee when the odst shin is dressed?

Thanks bro! We attach the knee with elastic so it's okay to bend I think!

Way to go, guys! Keep it up! It's all looking fantastic! You guys are ninjas.

Cheers Abby, we pride ourselves on our ninja prowess! Keep up the good work on your Mk6, i'll be watching! (Sinister)
-Elliot

wow! that is looking amazing, great chice of undersuit, and that oainting is looking fantastic. i am currently very green with envy as to how amazing it is, keep it up, and lest hope this kicks butt

Thanks both of you <3
The painting was pretty simple. Primer > Dark grey: Sanded down a little with some 1200 grit. Sprayed light silver gray in to a tub, light drybrush the light damage with a big soft brush. Heavier drybrush sharper damage with a smaller, harder brush. Then added a few flecks of bright silver.
Edit: We were gonna' ink wash the pieces with black ink but we just don't have the time now, it'd help bring out some edges.
-Elliot

the exact grey we used was dark grey bumper paint for cars its universal cheap and awesome ^_^ -joe

Here's the helmet all painted up, just need to pad it and fit the visor ^__^
I'll do the thighs today, then we're done! Gah!
-Elliot

soooo im covered in black rubber sealant...

IMG_0745.jpg

worth it... next time im changing how i do the visor.... ripples will be gone and the seal will be trimmed but thats all for tomorrow =P - Joe

Well, we're done! (Just about) Joe's headed off to the convention wearing the bad-boy!
We're gonna fix in a new visor when he gets back, because we're not really satisfied with it! But everything else looks intense and we're super happy :D A few teasers below! I think we'll stage a few proper shoots soon. ^__^
-Elliot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back