First Build - Halo Reach Foam (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogradeDino

First time making armour, bought a small amount of foam to practice on making some smaller parts. So far decided on a Commando shoulder and a forearm buckler from Reach to start with.

Shoulder
For the shoulder, I modeled first in Solidworks from some refrences, then made patterns on Illustrator for cuts.
Solidworks Image.jpg
Commando Shoulder A4 (+10%)ai-01.png
Commando Shoulder A4 (+10%)ai-02.png

Buckler
The Buckler I took dimensions from the Pep file to make into a simpler pattern in Illustrator. I'm attempting to get the inset by cutting out on the layer underneath and gluing the pieces into the recess.
Buckler A4-01-01.png

Foam

I has some issues with cutting angles (I think the stuff I bought was quite low density), but apart from that I got the pieces built in an hour or 2. The pices were bent around a tube wrapped in towls to add thickness and everything was glued with contact cement (you can still see some of the mess). Need to find my dremel to sand the edges down then onto finishing.
IMG_20191223_193547.jpg
IMG_20191226_225428.jpg

First time making armour, bought a small amount of foam to practice on making some smaller parts. So far decided on a Commando shoulder and a forearm buckler from Reach to start with.

Shoulder
For the shoulder, I modeled first in Solidworks from some refrences, then made patterns on Illustrator for cuts.
View attachment 282340View attachment 282341View attachment 282342
Buckler
The Buckler I took dimensions from the Pep file to make into a simpler pattern in Illustrator. I'm attempting to get the inset by cutting out on the layer underneath and gluing the pieces into the recess.
View attachment 282344
Foam

I has some issues with cutting angles (I think the stuff I bought was quite low density), but apart from that I got the pieces built in an hour or 2. The pices were bent around a tube wrapped in towls to add thickness and everything was glued with contact cement (you can still see some of the mess). Need to find my dremel to sand the edges down then onto finishing.View attachment 282345View attachment 282347
this looks really good, just curious but was there a reason you chose not to use premade files from the armory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back