First build progress, Gears of war inspired armor (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinxkwb

Here is my first foam build progress. One if my COG style armor and the other is for my wife. These are still in progress.

After sealing:
IMAG0427_zps763b6f6d.jpg

IMAG0428_zps55206e96.jpg

Female Armor:
IMAG0425_zps8ee2826f.jpg

IMAG0426_zps700bb7eb.jpg

With some paint...
IMAG0430_zps1ae156b8.jpg

IMAG0432_zps20b07f9c.jpg

Shoulder pads:
IMAG0424_zps2e4b1d08.jpg

Belt buckle fronts
IMAG0423_zps0668fac3.jpg

Almost finished male armor with shoulder pads... Needs detail painting
IMAG0437_zps107e130f.jpg

You gotta add LEDs...
IMAG0439_zps9db68f43.jpg

Back of Male Armor:
IMAG0440_zpsedc67ed9.jpg

IMAG0441_zpsdcffcf15.jpg

Female and male armor together
IMAG0443_zps64b705fd.jpg

Female Front... with LEDs of course... (my camera doesnt like red...)
IMAG0444_zpse7a66505.jpg

Female Back:
IMAG0447_zpsce53584d.jpg

I have more pics of the start of our gloves, boots and other parts, but this is pic heavy enough.

Thanks, I'm working on the boots now. I'm going with more of a shin guard type covering for now. I don't have a pair of boots I'm willing to build around. I'll post more as I go.

How did you talk your wife into this!!? I'm sure mine just rolls here eyes at my Iron Man pep....

awesome work BTW.

How did you talk your wife into this!!? I'm sure mine just rolls here eyes at my Iron Man pep....

awesome work BTW.

Haha, she actually plays Halo and Gears with me. She's a huge halo fan. Wasnt very hard to convince her. Though she did say she was going to build hers... and I've ended up doing all the work... hmmm... lol

if you can wait there is a thread with awesome boots. i have to go to work but i may find it tonight

I've seen some pretty awesome boots that others have made. Although I dont like the bulky big boot look. I've looked at hundreds of pictures from the games and action figures. Looking at some of the models and figures they look more like a normal boot with pieces attached to them, so that's kinda the look I'm going for. I've already started the build and began a quick paint. My wives covers look pretty good this far, mine are not a cool. Figures...

I have a few photos of the progress..

Here is a shot of what mine will look like...
IMAG0545_zps44b91cfe.jpg

Here's a shot of what hers will look like...
IMAG0547_zps376bc249.jpg

I also did some gloves... and some arm braces for her, again, most of this stuff have basic paint sill needs detailing.
IMAG0449_zps594eea92.jpg

More to come, any suggestions please feel free.

I still need to get another lancer for my wife. I have one that I "repaired" off ebay, but still need another prop for her.

I need some help from the ladies who have done Anya or any female gear. I'm trying to figure out the best thing for the "hip pads" I've seen a few people make them, but I'd like to know where they started, what they bought and so on. Or i'm just gonna find some small pillows and shove them into my wifes belt, lol

341px-Gears_of_War_3_COG_Anya_V2.png

Im already damn jelous of ur foam skills and its a pitty that u dont do a tut aswell ( there are many tuts but not enough )

I love your work so far

Im already damn jelous of ur foam skills and its a pitty that u dont do a tut aswell ( there are many tuts but not enough )

I love your work so far

This is probably the first two of many. I've learned a lot as I've gone. I'll tell you one that that I have learned about using pepakura for foam. It doesnt work well unless you make the unfold foam friendly, im most cases it requires editing the 3d model first. Which I found it to be easier to just use the pep as a helper.

I have some other stuff I can show later on how I did each part. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, but I am no expert, lol.

as i promise you here you can look the skull81' build

i find it very awesom, and the guy is very cool

here the boot i've talk :
tn2mi.jpg

and here the link oh the thread : http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36910-My-First-GOW-Carmine-build!!!/page4

good watching and sorry for my english xD

These look very cool, but I think as a whole doing the boots this way with the shoe covering is bulky looking. More than I would like. That's why I'm trying to do a different style where there isnt a cover on top for the boot

I'll post my photos of my boot/shin covers this far when I get a chance. I did some quick painting on both sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back