First Build: Spartan Emile and Spartan Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, we are getting a little sidetracked here and pulling away from the build thread, sorry Viva. We can either start a new thread or PM directly between ourselves but let's stay on topic.

Very True, I was waiting for someone to chime in on that... I noticed for every constructive post I make its followed by Six banter posts and then 4 more off topic posts.

While its all good and fun here gentlemen we should adhere to the rules and keep in mind that the admins are always watching, so we should keep the banter and side tracking to a minimum. That being said I still enjoy a good Gif or Meme here and there and appreciate everyone's feedback (y).

So made some progress in the helmet building last night and really am hoping to have it finished by tonight. Did not realize how difficult this would be, but I'm pleased with the results for my first helmet build. So at the same time I don't want to rush this either since I will be doing the layer method for some areas with the thin craft foam on this. But here is some pics form last nights work and hopefully it holds you guys over till later tonight.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Ohhh Schankerz how could I say no to you lol:lol:

Also forgot to mention this in my post but does anyone know of a file for Kats prosthetic circulating around out there, still cant seem to find one there is only one in the halo reach thread and its a little hard to work with. If you guys see or hear or know anything please give me a heads up, I'm starting to get desperate...

Helmet looks great! Probably will tide us over but even if you don't have it done tomorrow night, still post progress pics please :)

About the prosthetic, you might have to wait for the files to be fully uploaded to the resources, I bet there was one on the old website. Hard to work with as in what? if you want it to be simplified or modified to be foam worthy I can take a shot at it.

Helmet looks great! Probably will tide us over but even if you don't have it done tomorrow night, still post progress pics please :)

About the prosthetic, you might have to wait for the files to be fully uploaded to the resources, I bet there was one on the old website. Hard to work with as in what? if you want it to be simplified or modified to be foam worthy I can take a shot at it.

Appreciate it Thom! yeah I keep trying to take a swing at it free hand but it always gets screwed up some how, And the other one I was able to find is a little too boxy and bulky and missing a lot of components that would be essential to giving it that actual prosthetic arm look. Which is why I haven't even posted pics on that haha but hopefully an old one gets uploaded soon or I might have to put in a request for an updated version.

Okay so was able to get the shell of the helmet done today and I'm very satisfied with it being my first helmet so far. Tomorrow I'm hoping to cut out some custom templates for craft foam details layered on the helmet and make this pop a little more. Since I don't post in the weekends hope this holds you guys over until Monday.

photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 3 (1).JPG

Oooh..like that helmet!

I've always had trouble foaming helmets, but you seem to have figured it out.
how are you keeping the seams so close? tips? it looks really clean!

and, sorry for the off topic-ness...I'll split the responsibility with Mr. not-sorry:)
So:
stop getting off topic.gif

great care, we must take...to stay on topic.

anyway, I really want to make that air assault helmet...could you share some tips?

Oooh..like that helmet!

I've always had trouble foaming helmets, but you seem to have figured it out.
how are you keeping the seams so close? tips? it looks really clean!

and, sorry for the off topic-ness...I'll split the responsibility with Mr. not-sorry:)
So:
View attachment 238278
great care, we must take...to stay on topic.

anyway, I really want to make that air assault helmet...could you share some tips?

Thank you as always ;) and its all about the inseam cuts or bevels to get the angles just right, and I find myself more less pinching a little at the seams to get them to close. With contact cement it shouldn't come apart on you like hot glue, So mostly just pressure, pinching, and getting the angled cuts on the inside to fold right is the key to my technique. Also I use an extra coat of contact cement after the first one dries to insure that it will stay together. Hope that helps Brother.

Once again you surprise me man. This time it's the helmet. Wish I had that skill with foam.
Had another quick question for you though!
I started thinking a bit, and I realized I am going to need some proper spartan-boots for my cosplay. I couldn't find any templates though, so I decided to turn to again lol.
I'd really appreciate if you could link or PM me the templates for the spartan boots (if you have any!).
I really look forward to seeing more of that helmet.

EDIT: Before I forget it, I'll ask for your right shoulder template on your Emile armor. Sorry if I'm bothering you with all these requests.

Last edited:
Okay so I got a lot done this weekend, first I was able to get the top templates of 2mm foam layered down and we coated it in PVA. Now I have pretty much everything except for the hand plates and Prosthetic arm ready to get plastidippped, I'm really hoping for warmer not so wet weather to come rolling in so I can get this stuff coated and then speed paint it ugghhhh anyways here is the helmet before I coated it.
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

So now I have exactly one month to finish this (y) I think that's plenty of time (not stressing out at all...).

Also started getting some of these files assembled after they had been sitting on my desk for the past 3 months. Anyone have any Idea what these components belong too?
photo 1.JPG

The helmet looks fantastic!! I assume you've shoved her head into it to see if it fits by now eh? All the proportions to your liking? And dang it Dirtdives you beat me too it!! He told me he was building that too and I would have got it instantly...what does he win?

Proportions are perfect actually and at first it was a little lopsided but the heat gun method straightened it out it seconds Schankerz and yes a handshake , pat on the back , and tip of the hat is in order.

So some more progress was made on the MG last night, 3 days of work and I'm not even half way done lol... Anyways hoping the weather clears up sometime this week so I can plasti-dip everything and we can start painting my wife's armor.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back