First Build: Spartan Emile and Spartan Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That helmet looks amazing!!!!! oh my gush.. Great progress man!
Great work on the heavy machine gun too. No way I could do that much work in three days, I am the slowest builder.

So who is going to be using the hmg? If its the kat suit, are you going to paint the hmg to fit her armor or nah?

That helmet looks amazing!!!!! oh my gush.. Great progress man!
Great work on the heavy machine gun too. No way I could do that much work in three days, I am the slowest builder.

So who is going to be using the hmg? If its the kat suit, are you going to paint the hmg to fit her armor or nah?

Although that would be hilarious seeing my 5 foot tall wife carry such a huge gun sadly no. More or less I'm just building it too have it I think after I get her suit done I will aim to complete all the members of Noble team. Obviously I still need to complete Spartan Buck after her suit but if I have spare time I will dedicate it too building the rest of the team members.

umm...can you post templates for Jorge's MG?:D
I feel like I always want too much make stuff. but I keep having to remind myself that there's never too many halo props.
I wanna make one. I'm going to make carter next year. I'll give you 3 guesses why I want one of these bad boys.:)

I definitely want to see all of noble team. you're gonna need lots of manaquins.:lol:

Last edited:
I definitely want to see all of noble team. you're gonna need lots of manakins.:lol:

If you don't want to spend money on those I could always, you know, wear it for you! And eh, keep it in my house and wear it when going to conventions! :)

Jokes aside though, I'd also love to make his MG. Too bad I'm not that experienced with making armors and stuff.
Though my current build in progress is a Reach Commando armor with some pieces borrowed from other armors.

umm...can you post templates for Jorge's MG?:D
I feel like I always want too much make stuff. but I keep having to remind myself that there's never too many halo props.
I wanna make one. I'm going to make carter next year. I'll give you 3 guesses why I want one of these bad boys.:)

I definitely want to see all of noble team. you're gonna need lots of manakins.:lol:

You can never make too much Halo stuff ;). I'm going to PM you the templates.

And my guess is the same reason I wanted it at first. Just to have the thing because its so friggen awesome!

Also many mannequin's will be needed!

I mean come on, Kat looks like she would kick butt with this set up.
attachment.php?attachmentid=17759&stc=1&d=1301926491.jpg

Jorge is a bit different.

Haha that's awesome Thom A293 and I take back what I said before. Looks like my wife's arms are gonna have to put in some work. And even though its an action figure you can kinda see Jorge's impression of the magnum, " what the hell am I supposed to do with this pee shooter" hahaha...

Got some down time last night to finally coat most of Kats armor and plasti-dip so we can start painting, didn't take any photo's though rather wait till the paint job is on there and finished. Cant wait to start painting its been awhile and its one of my favorite parts of armor building.

I do have some Updates on the MG, finished off the drum connector last night and this is like a chia pet it just keeps growing and growing lol...
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Hoping to finish the receiver and magazine tonight so keep your eyes peeled.

Wow...I think you're desk is getting a bit small...where's that thing going to fit in your cosplay room? Or is this something that can hang predominantly over your bed or living room, which would be badass. I can't wait to see more! Show us more!!

ch-ch-ch-chia! lol nice work! now, how did you make the drum? I was contemplating doing foam, but I figured PVC or something would make more sense, but now I'm thinking foam. I'll be honest, I don't like making foam tubes because the seam never matches up right. how did you make the seam match up so well?

BTW, I started My MG today...lol
can't wait to haul this thing around at cons! depending on policies, that is.

ch-ch-ch-chia! lol nice work! now, how did you make the drum? I was contemplating doing foam, but I figured PVC or something would make more sense, but now I'm thinking foam. I'll be honest, I don't like making foam tubes because the seam never matches up right. how did you make the seam match up so well?

BTW, I started My MG today...lol
can't wait to haul this thing around at cons! depending on policies, that is.

To get the seams right I usually apply 2 coats of contact cement to both side I want to adhere and then apply a bit a pressure. make sure you line up correctly the first time because once you stick them together they aren't coming apart lol.

Small update, So I am patiently waiting for my wife to finish coating the rest of the armor with sealer we didn't have much luck with the weather this weekend. In the meantime we are going to give the first undercoat of silver to all the pieces we did finish while we wait to seal the other parts. And Yes I am still working on that M247 got a little further then I hoped this weekend, due to us being stuck inside all weekend. I managed to get the receiver magazine and part of the drum assembled. I plan on finishing off the drum tonight and attaching all the little cylindrical details on as well this week before I assemble the structure sets and handles. But after all that this baby should be complete with in the next week or so.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Damn, you work fast! It also looks really good. Or badass. I don't know what term to use when it comes to big guns. Anyway I look forward to seeing more progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back