sithlord5051

I am about to start on my first halo suit. I'm really excited, I'm only 13 and don't have a lot of money but I saved up enough money for some pepakura files. They were 30$ on etsy and they look great. Im going to build spartan Dinh from Infinite here's a picture

Screenshot 2022-10-01 175348.png

It's for the rakshasa core and it be easier because its less armor than other spartan builds.

Update you soon.

also, I'm wondering what thickness I should Use for the foam, I'm thinking 5 mm for helmet,2mm for details,10 for armor.

what do you guys think?

Hello, and welcome to the community! The foam thickness is a good start, but its always good to experiment and find what works for you. Good luck!

Hey DireWolf111, I have a question on how to do the visor. I was thinking of getting thin acrylic and cutting it into the shape I need then putting one-way red window tint on it.

Hi, you can find what your looking for on Etsy. There is a shop that sells reflective visors called IconProps, and they sell their visors for $20. But if your planning on crafting your own visor, then I have no idea lol. Hope this helps.

Hi, you can find what your looking for on Etsy. There is a shop that sells reflective visors called IconProps, and they sell their visors for $20. But if your planning on crafting your own visor, then I have no idea lol. Hope this helps.
I just looked But Idk If they have the right color.

Cool. Good luck on the helmet! Foam helmets can be a challenge to make, but if you take your time it will come out great.

That material from etsy works great, I bought some for a MK.V hemlet and some blue for an ODST build.
Just don't leave it sitting in the sun too long, it can fade and warp a bit.
I've made all my helms from foam, my advice is find a way to get some airflow,
it can get pretty warm in a helmet and visors tend to start fogging up.
I try to fit a small computer fan into the helmet somehow, just powered by a 9v battery with a toggle switch somewhere
works wonders!

That material from etsy works great, I bought some for a MK.V hemlet and some blue for an ODST build.
Just don't leave it sitting in the sun too long, it can fade and warp a bit.
I've made all my helms from foam, my advice is find a way to get some airflow,
it can get pretty warm in a helmet and visors tend to start fogging up.
I try to fit a small computer fan into the helmet somehow, just powered by a 9v battery with a toggle switch somewhere
works wonders!
thanks, I'll keep it mind

With an irregular visor shape like that, I might try and search the forums for someone with a vacuum former who could manufacture the exact shape you're looking for. That visor looks pretty complicated similar to an ODST visor, not as simple as having a straight piece of motorcycle visor or reflective film just glued across the inside of the helmet.

I am about to start on my first halo suit. I'm really excited, I'm only 13 and don't have a lot of money but I saved up enough money for some pepakura files. They were 30$ on etsy and they look great. Im going to build spartan Dinh from Infinite here's a picture

View attachment 323775
It's for the rakshasa core and it be easier because its less armor than other spartan builds.

Update you soon.
looks amazing

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back