does anyone know how to get rid of the hot glue on the seams I'm thinking of sanding it down
what would you guys do
Hot glue seep out is a bit of a pain to deal with, especially with sanding and anything that generates heat since it melts the adhesive again which creates as goopy mess that often smears. Depending on the amount that you have visible you can use a knife or hot knife to trim away excess blobs or use the trick of isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab to loosen the glue and peel up the extra. The isopropyl trick works better on foam that's been heat sealed since it'll absorb into the material more slowly and have less chance of breaking the bond in the seam.

Hot glue seep out is a bit of a pain to deal with, especially with sanding and anything that generates heat since it melts the adhesive again which creates as goopy mess that often smears. Depending on the amount that you have visible you can use a knife or hot knife to trim away excess blobs or use the trick of isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab to loosen the glue and peel up the extra. The isopropyl trick works better on foam that's been heat sealed since it'll absorb into the material more slowly and have less chance of breaking the bond in the seam.
thanks

I've made one knee and one shoulder so far

PXL_20221010_205704967.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221010_205712942.jpg
    PXL_20221010_205712942.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
I am about to start on my first halo suit. I'm really excited, I'm only 13 and don't have a lot of money but I saved up enough money for some pepakura files. They were 30$ on etsy and they look great. Im going to build spartan Dinh from Infinite here's a picture

View attachment 323775
It's for the rakshasa core and it be easier because its less armor than other spartan builds.

Update you soon.
yea it will what style of armor making are you going to do?
also im 14 so i get how hard it is with e monetary side of suit building

Wow what a kwinkidink I just finished an artaius helmet just like the one you're working on! Mine's 3d printed tho.
If you have a 3d printer available to you I found I had lots of luck making the helmet that way. Especially that visor- I think it would be tricky to get it without doing something like vacuum forming.

Attachments

• image 4.jpg
    image 4.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
I am about to start on my first halo suit. I'm really excited, I'm only 13 and don't have a lot of money but I saved up enough money for some pepakura files. They were 30$ on etsy and they look great. Im going to build spartan Dinh from Infinite here's a picture

View attachment 323775
It's for the rakshasa core and it be easier because its less armor than other spartan builds.

Update you soon.
Yo dude that’s sick that you’re starting i wish the best for your project and don’t forget to leave a little growing room bc as a 15 yr old I would know.

Do you have the link to the etsy page?

View attachment 323775

Update you soon.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back