First ever Cosplay and its an ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReservedTaco

This is my first post so apologies if it's a little rough or all over the place.

I have started making my first cosplay which is going to be an ODST roughly based on the rookie from Halo 3:ODST with some differences.

I have printed part of the chest pieces and the M6C SOCOM (I think I got that right) from Aguilar workshop. I don't have a photo but I have started sanding the chest plates while I wait for more pieces to finish printing.

I am really looking forward in joining the community and eventually wear it to conventions.

Attachments

• 20221023_203654.jpg
    20221023_203654.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 18ccaaa2-ea2f-42e2-aa95-687dbb2fdc2b.jpg
    18ccaaa2-ea2f-42e2-aa95-687dbb2fdc2b.jpg
    876.7 KB · Views: 129
Solid start bud! I have very little experience with this stuff but this community seems unique to me. All the resources you need to get started and wonderful people ready to help. We have a ton of ppl who 3d print so if you run into questions feel free to reach out. I also love having so many build threads to watch and learn from. Its so great for a beginner. Glad you are here and looking forward to seeing your build!

Yeah I am! So far I have only printed about half of the all the pieces for the entire chest assembly. They are some amazing models
Cool, I'll be eagerly awaiting your updates then! ODST might be my next big project and I'll probably use his files cuz they look so clean.

The files are incredibly clean, the pistol I printed and without any sanding all the pieces slid together perfectly.
Oh ya his weapons are kickass too. I've made a couple of his magnums, smg, and sidekick. I have a bunch of the helmets and his H3 shotty, but haven't gotten around to making em yet. Really nice dude too.

Bit of an update, I would have more parts printed but I had a issue with my printer a couple days ago and lost a bunch of progress but I've gotten a couple more pieces printed, some are sanded ready for primer and filler.
View attachment 324848
Your parts are looking great! I'm glad to see a bunch of people doing ODSTs. I enjoyed 3D printing my ODST, so I hope you have fun with yours so I can't wait to see your finished set. I'm also going to be doing some tutorials so if you ever have any questions or ideas let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Bit of a long time no post! Life unfortunately got in the way but I have still been working on my ODST armour.

i am nearing the tail end of pieces left to print, have 1 shoulder, shins and backpack left to print and then the hardwork of sanding, filling, more sanding and painting begins. I am hoping to have this ready for Supanova Gold coast in little over a months time, bit of an intimidating goal but a nice challenge to unwind on after work.
20230220_183300.jpg
20230220_183244.jpg
20230220_183254.jpg

Bit of a long time no post! Life unfortunately got in the way but I have still been working on my ODST armour.

i am nearing the tail end of pieces left to print, have 1 shoulder, shins and backpack left to print and then the hardwork of sanding, filling, more sanding and painting begins. I am hoping to have this ready for Supanova Gold coast in little over a months time, bit of an intimidating goal but a nice challenge to unwind on after work.
View attachment 328194View attachment 328195View attachment 328196
Does the smg's forward grip flip out? and of so where ya get the files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back