First ever Cosplay and its an ODST

Bit of an update, I've finished printing the parts for the waist which means outside of a shoulder the top half is done.

I am starting to work out where to sew clips onto the vest in an attempt to make it easier to put on by myself.
Still have a long way to go of sanding, filling and painting but it's really starting to take shape now

received_684977436647542.jpeg

Bit of an update, I've finished printing the parts for the waist which means outside of a shoulder the top half is done.

I am starting to work out where to sew clips onto the vest in an attempt to make it easier to put on by myself.
Still have a long way to go of sanding, filling and painting but it's really starting to take shape now

View attachment 328220
Your armor is coming together great and wonderful trigger discipline! What are your plans for paint colors?

Another update:

I have unfortunately been plagued with printing problems which hindered me for about 5 days has really messed with my schedule but work continues.

I have painted the armour pieces that I have got completed, and have done some weathering but need to keep at it to make it a bit more natural.

I also have some materials on order to hopefully try out making some transfers to go on the chest piece, helmet and shoulders!

Lastly I have also got some electrical parts to give a go at making a speaker inside the helmet, I saw someone's tutorial on here but for the life of me I can't remember the name!
20230305_185215.jpg
20230305_185214.jpg
20230305_185204.jpg
20230305_185151.jpg
20230305_185145.jpg
20230305_185136.jpg
20230305_185124.jpg
20230305_185118.jpg

20230305_185226.jpg

So progress update!!

I have 23 days left until Goldnova and I'm running a tight gauntlet, I printed my shin armour but unfortunately have made it waaaay too wide and when I had 2 of them I couldn't wall without looking like a cowboy.

So I've had reprint it and its ended up much better, so now Ive got my right leg, backpack and a few props and I'm done. Im cutting it close but confident that ill get it done.

Attachments

• 20230316_193058.jpg
    20230316_193058.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • received_970450054114328.jpeg
    received_970450054114328.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 69
that looks awesome! how did you get that nice silver over the grey? I am new to cosplay but plan on building my ODST oc soon so it is really cool seeing other people's progress on their ODST's.

that looks awesome! how did you get that nice silver over the grey? I am new to cosplay but plan on building my ODST oc soon so it is really cool seeing other people's progress on their ODST's.
Which part are you referring too? The only part I've painted so far is the thigh armour and it's a deep grey, the shin and calf is just the raw PLA.

And thank you! I am new to cosplay myself and its great having this community to talk all about it

Which part are you referring too? The only part I've painted so far is the thigh armour and it's a deep grey, the shin and calf is just the raw PLA.

And thank you! I am new to cosplay myself and its great having this community to talk all about it
I'm referring to the sorta weathering I see on the helmet, chest, shoulders, arms, and SMG.

I'm referring to the sorta weathering I see on the helmet, chest, shoulders, arms, and SMG.
Ah right sorry mate! Completely forgot I had photos of them up.

Its literally silver paint dry brushed over the armour, nothing really special to it. I am going to do some more weathering this weekend hopefully to make it look more worn

Ah right sorry mate! Completely forgot I had photos of them up.

Its literally silver paint dry brushed over the armour, nothing really special to it. I am going to do some more weathering this weekend hopefully to make it look more worn
oh cool! i recommend a nice blackwash over it all just to get into the little corners and give it that used sorta look like dirt is in the hard to clean areas. just not too much of a blackwash cuz you dont want to make the silver look dark and gross looking

Another update:

I have unfortunately been plagued with printing problems which hindered me for about 5 days has really messed with my schedule but work continues.

I have painted the armour pieces that I have got completed, and have done some weathering but need to keep at it to make it a bit more natural.

I also have some materials on order to hopefully try out making some transfers to go on the chest piece, helmet and shoulders!

Lastly I have also got some electrical parts to give a go at making a speaker inside the helmet, I saw someone's tutorial on here but for the life of me I can't remember the name!View attachment 328709View attachment 328710View attachment 328711View attachment 328712View attachment 328713View attachment 328714View attachment 328715View attachment 328716
View attachment 328708

Your build is looking great so far! You're also doing an awesome job at balancing your weather. I can't wait to see the finished suit!
oh cool! i recommend a nice blackwash over it all just to get into the little corners and give it that used sorta look like dirt is in the hard to clean areas. just not too much of a blackwash cuz you dont want to make the silver look dark and gross looking
To avoid this problem I always do my black and brown washes before dry brushing parts. If you feel like the silver is too much you can always go back over with another light black wash to tone it down!

An update at last! Got quite a bit done since my last update seeing as though I have 11 days till Goldnova.

My suit is 90% complete with just a few pieces missing some paint and 1 thigh piece missing (unfortunately a blackout tripped the printer and ruined it) I am hoping to get a few more props and just general bits printed and done in time.

Attachments

• IMG_5313.jpg
    IMG_5313.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5315.jpg
    IMG_5315.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 78
Looking good! Have you done the electronics yet? I think I came across the tutorial you were talking about this morning. I can link it if you need
Thanks! Unfortunately the electronics have had to take a back seat as I ended up having quite a time crunch before it's debut Convention next weekend.

I am hopefully going to start tinkering with it when I can focus more time on it

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back