First Ever Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzaku

Hey 405th just doing my first project so heres a post of what i have so far i used a pep file that NZTK made so hope you guys like what ive got so far let me know wat you think and any suggestions are welcomed

here are some general pics before i resined the pep

[attachment=12830:2009-10-16 21.38.08.jpg]

[attachment=12832:2009-10-16 21.40.38.jpg]

[attachment=12831:2009-10-16 21.40.24.jpg]

and here is after i resined the first coat at least

[attachment=12834:2009-10-16 22.11.11.jpg]

[attachment=12833:2009-10-16 22.11.00.jpg]

let me know what you think and if there are any tips =]

Looks good, a lot better then what my Pep of my ODST Helm (also by NZTK), but warped in a compression way and had to use a paper towel tube to help give it proper shape. Good job getting it done with out this problem that I had.

Thanks im still learning as i go im kinda gettin lucky this first go around hasnt been super difficult but thats for the support

One suggestion that I may have if you bondo it for smoothing, is try to get it as a smooth as possible before sanding. It will save a lot of time for you if you do.

Okay 405th guys heres a little update on whats going on with the ODST rookie helmet

Ive just finished doing 2 coats of resin on the outside yes 2 coats i think its over kill but im getting ready to fiberglass the inside once its dry oh and im trying to find a visor for this helmet if anyone can help me out with that it would be much appreciated ill be back soon with more pics of what ive got done and to keep everyone up to date.

okay heres another little update for everyone i just fiberglassed the inside of the helmet after i cut off the visor piece never fiberglassed before kinda just went off of what ive been reading and seen on youtube lol anyways yea after the fiberglass dries its time to sand and bondo but ill be back on with pics as soon as i can

also if anyone can help me with a visor that would be great get back at me !! =]

Well, I'm new but what I've read from the 405th a lot of people use Motocycle Face Shields/visors. If you don't have the money you could always try alternatives such as, 2 liter bottles ,the cd cover on a large cd spindle, or some other type of platic. If you go that route you'll have to find a way to tint the plastic or leave it as is and replace it when you do get some cash.

Visor from the Complete Noob List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back