First Halo build: Pepakura and expanding foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pescadero

My first Halo build...

At first I want to build an ODST, but because of a Sci Fi Event in 3 weeks I started Halo 3 Marine. I want to dress Halo Style and there not so many parts on the marine.

I want to try a new way. Pepakura yes, but without glasfibre mats. I use expansion foam to keep shape. Easy to use and not as heavy as the mats with resin. Its my first try with this...

Lets start with Pep.....

img_20170617_002947.jpg

Nice work. Looks clean prepped.

A note for the expanding foam. I dont know what u will use, but if it is something similar to the "foam IT" series by kaupo, watch out for the expansion of the foam itself. I used it for a closed prep and it pressed the edges and large surfaces outward. You may want to harden your prep as much as possible to avoid that or just cover the inside area with a thin layer of liquid foam before the foaming starts.

Im still experimenting to perfect the technique as I am sure it is superior to Glass fibre and EVA.

Good luck with your build

Nice work. Looks clean prepped.

A note for the expanding foam. I dont know what u will use, but if it is something similar to the "foam IT" series by kaupo, watch out for the expansion of the foam itself. I used it for a closed prep and it pressed the edges and large surfaces outward. You may want to harden your prep as much as possible to avoid that or just cover the inside area with a thin layer of liquid foam before the foaming starts.

Im still experimenting to perfect the technique as I am sure it is superior to Glass fibre and EVA.

Good luck with your build

You had right but it was to late Then I had problems with bondo and so I had a break...
But now I'm on a ODST armor with plastic sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back