First Pep Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon

Hey guys, i just recently joined the forums here, but i've been browsing for a good year(ish). I finally got enough time to try out a pepakura helmet and i was wondering....is it supposed to be that big?
10-10-08_2141.jpg
10-10-08_2107.jpg
10-10-08_2135.jpg
10-10-08_2136.jpg
10-10-08_2137.jpg
10-10-08_2138.jpg
10-10-08_2140.jpg

The first pictures are the helm sitting by my 19 inch monitor and the last few are me holding it on my head, im roughly 6 foot 4 inches tall and around 200 lbs nd i think it might be a lil big on me, but im not for sure cause i dont have any armor to compare it with.

Also, i was a genius :cautious: and put the helmet together backwards so all the numbers are on the inside, that and i put this together pretty fast, prolly around 15 hrs (max) for the whole thing and it is a lil warped cause i didnt take my time with folds and all that, but i had to rush cause me (being a genius again) decided to do this for art and found out that i only had like 2 weeks at 5 hrs a week to work on this in art class, so i was a lil rushed o_O

So what do yall think? to big? just right? i also have to fiberglass and resin this for the class to make it look okay/presentable, do ya think i shuld go all out on it or just kinda glaze over the big trouble spots and do minor detail?

Oh, this is definitely NOT my last helmet, i plan on making at least 2 more, a CQB (cause they rock) and a regular
Mark VI helm, this is just a quick, get a feel for it project that i was gonna use as a test and pick up a nice grade in art class :D

So, please tell me what ya think,

-Syphon

P.S. Pics kinda suck, Whoo for Razr Camera Phone!

figured i might as well post my oddball skull (shout out to tlither for the great find!)
10-05-08_0057.jpg
10-05-08_1638.jpg
10-05-08_1640.jpg

Nice Job! I hate to say it, but it is too big. By the way, it was a good idea, but your making it harder for your self by putting the numbers inside the helmet instead of out (I personally thinks it looks better with the numbers out- (more smoother))

bilsy28 said:
Nice Job! I hate to say it, but it is too big. By the way, it was a good idea, but your making it harder for your self by putting the numbers inside the helmet instead of out (I personally thinks it looks better with the numbers out- (more smoother))

yea I agree. Also, the HUGE pics are kinda annoying having to scroll to the side. Don't know if that's just me seeing that though.

Other than that, pretty nice job. Will hopefully get you a good grade in that class. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
ERADICATORofDTH said:
yea I agree. Also, the HUGE pics are kinda annoying having to scroll to the side. Don't know if that's just me seeing that though.

Other than that, pretty nice job. Will hopefully get you a good grade in that class. Good luck!

yea, the pics are huge, couldnt figure how to scale them down, if ya know how i wuld be glad to scale them down :D

@ bilsy: yea, i didnt realize what i had done until i had started gluing the pieces together lol, when i make my next helm the numbers will definitely be on the outside, that and i think this will end up being Lopez from RvB, everyone needs a bodiless talking SPARTAN head right? :cool:

I hope i get a good grade to, although i think that at this point my teacher is so blown away by it that she would give me a "A" if i just painted it as it is, not that i'm gonna do that

Syphon said:
yea, the pics are huge, couldnt figure how to scale them down, if ya know how i wuld be glad to scale them down :D

@ bilsy: yea, i didnt realize what i had done until i had started gluing the pieces together lol, when i make my next helm the numbers will definitely be on the outside, that and i think this will end up being Lopez from RvB, everyone needs a bodiless talking SPARTAN head right? :cool:

I hope i get a good grade to, although i think that at this point my teacher is so blown away by it that she would give me a "A" if i just painted it as it is, not that i'm gonna do that

The pics size themselves down for me...

Also, my advice to you on the helmet would be to go ahead and fiberglass and paint and all that good stuff, but don't make it a fully functional helmet. Maybe just paint on the gold visor part. Then once you get it done for the class, you can start on a real, good one. That's what I personally would do.

im sure your already well aware but.. yeah... Inside out masterchief doesnt sound pretty.
Tabs are not meant to be seen.

Updates!! :lol: i finally finished my helm, i think i got a A or A+ :cool: from what my teacher said, i plan on remaking it tho, needs to be smaller and it warped, that and i did the entire paint job in like 45 minutes so its a little lacking, but all in all im happy with it. anyway...pics!
10-20-08_1542.jpg
10-20-08_1543.jpg
10-20-08_1544.jpg
10-20-08_1545.jpg
10-20-08_1546.jpg
10-20-08_1547.jpg

awesome! getting A's for making a mc helmet is such a great idea! :lol:

too bad where i live working on this stuff kills my grades :(

next one will be amazing! practice runs are always a good idea. helps you see where you can improve without investing too much time and money into it. keep up the good work!

Finnish_Spartan said:
When i made my helmet, my art teacher told me that if it was 'gradable' it would be a "D".
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/Fi...nt=IMG_2297.jpg
She was such a bitch.
-------------------

Anyways, looks great. Keep up the good work, im waiting for a full suit!

-FSS

Sum people are just critics and unfortunatly my mate hates halo and tried to destroy my plasma sword (so i killed hime with it) i think it looks cool!(im talking about your helmet not my sword)

Not bad for your first helm. Your welcome for the skull find too! Start on another one (that is smaller), tabs on the inside, and take your time. You know what you are doing now so the next one should look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back