First Pepakura Build(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitingMatrix95

'Ello, ladies and gents. My name is Brendan Smith. (Alias: Maxiry Axarus. I prefer that online)
So, i've been working on some armour from Halo: Reach, for me and my girlfreind. (Sweet! :D)

My suit will be consisting of..
EVA Helmet with Carter's command uplink;
Commando Left shoulder;
HAZOP Right shoulder;
Grenadier Knees
And to spice it up a little, i'll be adding a few Halo 3 touches, which include:
H3 style EVA Visor
H3 Gauntlets (with TACPAD, possibly)
H3 Torso w/Hayabusa Chest

My girlfriend's suit will be..
CQB Helmet;
Collar/Grenadier Chest;
ODST Shoulders;
Grenadier Knees;
TACPAD

Thanks for checking out my post, and i'll talk more when i have more done.

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

Sorry for shake.. i'm using my phone

I can't tell.. is this too big? When i put it over my head, it skims over my ears, so i doubt i can make it any smaller.

That looks pretty big to me, did you scale it properly (or at all)? It looks about the same as default scale for a 7 foot tall spartan :$
The pep work looks pretty clean, but I think you need to scale that down unless you want to be a spartan bobblehead.

That looks pretty big to me, did you scale it properly (or at all)? It looks about the same as default scale for a 7 foot tall spartan :$
The pep work looks pretty clean, but I think you need to scale that down unless you want to be a spartan bobblehead.

Yeah, i was thinking that. My dad is pretty good at math (thanks for the help :D) so he measured my head's width (not including ears) and then worked his magic to find the right scale to make that same width in the head hole for the helmet. I kinda figured it was too big when we got the sides done.

What I usually do if I'm scaling a helmet is to measure the height of my head and then add around 20mm (give or take depending on the model) to the height of the pepakura file in order to get the right size. So far I'm 2 for 2 on helmet scaling with this method, but there are plenty other ways to scale any piece of armor. Keep up the nice pepping work though! :D

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh....
The helmet should only go out as far as your chin, not your chest. haha
But your pepping seems really smooth! hahaha :p
I'm excited to see some progress and welcome to the forums!
If you need any help or advice, feel free to throw me a PM. I try to get on as often as possible, but some college days are better than others.

-Alexis

The helmet is a little too big. The neck seal doesn't have to be the right size, everybody trims it out when they do the helmet. I hope this helps!

thanks.

IMAG0072.jpg
\
And here's a look at my EVA helmet so far. I think the size on this one is right.

Gunna scrap the CQB for now, and work on the EVA, next chance i get.

Welcome to the forums.

In my estimation, the neck opening of most models is sized for the neck and is too small for the head. I don't recognize the model you're using but I'd be wary that the scale is too large if I could easily slip my head through the neck opening. Often the neck opening needs to be trimmed before or after the hardening process to allow the cranium to slip through it.

My preference for helmets is to begin from the top and work down. This way you can gauge the scaling of the other parts of the helmet while you build down without worrying whether or not the neck opening is sufficiently sized for actual use.

Good luck with your build(s)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back