First Set Of Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOLTY TacoMan

Jr Member
I recently started making the robogenesis low res suit
I started with the boot but i think it was a little sloppy i was wondering if its so bad that i should just start over with it or if it would be fixable with bondo?

Seriously, dude... the "errors" you've made with the boot aren't bad at all. You can fix that up with bondo easily. So, you could keep going with this set if you really wanted to.

But, the thing of it is that most people don't bother with any of the low-res Pep files anymore (well, aside from myself, lol) as there are better-detailed files now available.

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person who will tell you to switch over to the HD files now rather than later, since you've only just begun with the low-res ones.

Don't get me wrong; the low-res files are good for learning how to do the folding and gluing process properly, but nowadays no one uses those files for making an actual suit. Low-res Pep is only used for practice.

Using the HD files (which have most of the smaller details already put into the design) saves one the trouble of having to add a lot of the details by hand, like I did with my Mk VI helmet.

Take it from one who knows, it's very time-consuming to do all that (I still haven't finished my helmet), so save yourself any unnecessary work, lol.

Just FYI :cool:

As has been stated above - they are low def - don't worry about mistakes. I would suggest you consider them a learning experience and move to medium def or even hi def (if you feel you can handle it). The med def will give you a better base to build off of and the HD will give you a challenge to build and a great base to build on.

personally i think the low res files make really good practice...(only if you have to build them over and over again cuz they dont fit....d'oh!) but you should give the high rez boot a shot....if this is your first attempt and it looks like that ...you should be able to put any piece together...

Looks good for your first try on the Low Def files... and you can make some decent armor with the low def files. Also, keep in mind that if you go with the HD files, it'll be a little harder and a little more time consuming. I don't think it'll be a problem for ya.

The low-Def you made is good. Maybe practice on 1-2 more low-Def pieces then switch to hi-Def? And as Pooper said, hi-Def files are more time consuming. If you want to stay with the low-Def files, you can use bondo for detail. :D

Try starting out with the hand plates... you can easily start over if you mess up and you can learn a lot about folding, glueing, etc., before you take on the harder pieces such as the torso or helmet... This way, you won't have so many mistakes on the more detailed pieces when you get to them. Keep in mind that the more pep pieces you do, the more you learn and the better you get. Do hand plates first, and if you feel confident afterwards, do whatever piece you like... such as the helmet. :D Good luck!

Thanks
i have them printed out now and are going to start scoring them
im going to wait till tonight to cut them out because my mom is going to town and is going to pick up and exacto knife

Make sure to separate the toe from the heel for flexibility.

I definitely recommend trying the HD file though, only took me a few days and it fits over my boot perfectly.

Don't worry about minor mess-ups, fiberglass and bondo will take care of that.

Your errors really aren't that bad, fixable with bondo easily, I guess it just depends if you are fine with low detail models or not.

That is very good for a first try, and also try wepons they make great practice. I suggest you start with an SMG, Pistol, Or the wikis Assult Rifle as they are probably the easiest exckuding grenades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back