First Spartan III build (3D print)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about finished with the detailing of my armor and SRS99 custom. Just waiting on my light solution to arrive and I'll do an actual photo op. On that note, does anyone know any good spots around Missouri (specifically within 2 hours of st. Louis) thatd be good?

Also started printing the stanchion model skookum props

20211106_115057.jpg

The magazine for the stanchion barely even fits my ender 3s print bed.

This thread has been really neat to read, I am getting ready to start painting and finishing my own 3d printed reach build so its been nice getting to see someone else's process, I'm going to do some experiments with an HVLP sprayer to get a consistent coat.

Now that is awesome! I’m curious, what kind of lights did you use? Also, are you able to turn them on/off all at once, or do you have to do that individually? I’m also soon going to be starting my own build, and I’m looking for some tops on lights as that is absolutely something I’d like to try.

Now that is awesome! I’m curious, what kind of lights did you use? Also, are you able to turn them on/off all at once, or do you have to do that individually? I’m also soon going to be starting my own build, and I’m looking for some tops on lights as that is absolutely something I’d like to try.
These light are just a bunch of individual twist on twist off lights. I was originally gonna do a LED strip that I could do some light effects with but it's more trouble than I'm willin to put in at the moment and I can always upgrade later. I can drop the amazon link to these specific lights if you're interested in them for your build.

For the most part all noticeable visual changes are done on my armor so I tried to take some posing shots today. Unfortunately I didnt place the camera right and most of the poses are unusable :cry:.

Here's what I could salvage from them.

Screenshot (44).png
Screenshot (38).png
Screenshot (41).png
Screenshot (42).png
Screenshot (43).png

Please ignore the couch lol. Still got a bit of work to due on the underside but I can consider the armor presentable and "complete".

Now to finish that stanchion!

For anyone lurking on this thread that wants to see how I did something for reference on their own build just let me know and I'll post it.(y)

Hey! Quick question for ya: What type of filament did you print with? I'm just kinda asking around to see what others used before I choose what to print with for myself.

Last edited:
For the most part all noticeable visual changes are done on my armor so I tried to take some posing shots today. Unfortunately I didnt place the camera right and most of the poses are unusable :cry:.

Here's what I could salvage from them.

View attachment 311532View attachment 311533View attachment 311534View attachment 311535View attachment 311536

Please ignore the couch lol. Still got a bit of work to due on the underside but I can consider the armor presentable and "complete".

Now to finish that stanchion!

For anyone lurking on this thread that wants to see how I did something for reference on their own build just let me know and I'll post it.(y)
Man I love everything about this, this is spectacular!

S225 Purplehazey
Just finish printing out a stanchion this morning, just gotta assemble it. Files are from skookum props and really does require aluminum and steel rods for internal support. I didn't keep track of how many rolls of pla+ it took but I've been printing it nonstop for the almost the past 2 weeks.

20211118_081150.jpg

It stands about 69 (nice) inches and my tape measure isnt long enough to show that

Last edited:
Love the build, nice work!

My next halo build is going to be 3D printed. How heavy does the final suit feel? Pretty hefty, or not bad?
It doesnt feel heavy to me but I've also walked mountains in like 60lbs of gear so take that as you will. The most annoying thing is how awkward some movements are and how some movements are just not possible at all.

Hi there, was planning on starting my own armor project also with the MK V helmet but was just wondering what exactly your process for measuring the dimensions of the helmet were to make it fit properly
Fortunately I didn't need to change the size of the files that I had, but I did try printing them smaller since it looked too big at first. After I got armorsmith I used that to verify the proper size for them though. If you don't have or don't want to buy armorsmith I'm sure you could go about measuring the size of the opening of the helmet and measuring the diameter and or circumference of your head to see if it will fit.

Stanchion update: Started the first stage of filling. Took a can and a half of filler primer to coat the whole thing but the first layer is done.

20211221_084404.jpg

(My old DFT AR for scale)

Planning to do a blood and gore theme with this carved into the shroud. Should look really awesome If I can do the blood effects well enough.
text ver.jpg

Let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions for blood effects (covenant and human alike).

Last edited:
Updated time:

TLDR, here's some gems from fitment and donning/doffing test I did after the upgrades.

I didn't like how constricting my first set of.bicep and shoulder armor was so I went ahead scaled them up just a bit and made some ODST shoulder to go with them. With them being bigger of course I also had to finally make a harness. I also wanted to add a layer of uniqueness to my armor so I went and printed up an energy dagger modeled by MoeSizzlac and am in the process of finishing up the blade.
Screenshot_20220123-162830_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20220123-162901_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20220123-162656_Video Player.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back