First Suit turned into making one for my Son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildscar

Hello all. Second post here and its to show off what I have done so far. Started researching this when the 405th was infected. I just searched around and came across Longshot-X page. Impressive to say the least. That also led me to to the 405th facebook page. Where I found some pep files. Picked one and started. However I didn't now know about the resizing thing. But it was not all lost as you will see in the last pic. The following are the results.

Start
imag0921w.jpg

imag0922e.jpg

imag0926.jpg

Finish Pep
imag0928b.jpg

Visor is off but not too bad.
imag0929q.jpg

And it didn't fit my head. but did fit someone else in the house. I don't think he will mind too much.
imag0932.jpg

I love seeing parents make costumes for their kids. It really means the world to them.

Yeah he face lit up when i asked him to try it on and was enve happier when I told him that it was going to be for him. Working on the chest pep now. Upload Pics shortly.

Welcome to the 405th and best wishes on your build.

:)

Thanks LongShot-X. Means a lot since it was your pages on Squidoo that I found first when I started searching for making Halo armor.

--- UPDATE ---

Got started on the chest today.
I have to admit there was couple times I want to stop. Specially when I got to this part. But I stuck with it and got it put together.

imag0933o.jpg

Progress so far.
imag0934x.jpg

I'll take any advice or critique offered. I have a thick skin so I take it all well. :cool
Enjoy

Have a question.
As yall can see from my last update I put the lower front chest armor together separate from the upper chest. When I went to put them together I couldn't get them to line up right. I was able to get the middle number(531) line up right but when I started working my way out to 591 they started getting harder to line up. Is that just how it work or am I starting in the wrong place. Or is this just something that gets better? Also if it matter I am using hot glue to put the pep file together. Its not a show stopper. Was just curious.

imag0938marked.jpg

Hey man. Looking awesome so far. Can see in your last update there, a few minor gaps and misalignments. The one thing to remember about this stage of development that I have personally found, is that a seemingly small error only gets bigger. A little creative trimming should help you fix some of thos alignments but it might cause warping at a later date as some of my earlier attempts did. As for the gap at *531* squirt a little glue into the crack andpush them together and it should close ok. I have used magets for this before. LOL cheating i know but it did the trick.

Keep up the awesomness my friend!

Hey man. Looking awesome so far. Can see in your last update there, a few minor gaps and misalignments. The one thing to remember about this stage of development that I have personally found, is that a seemingly small error only gets bigger. A little creative trimming should help you fix some of thos alignments but it might cause warping at a later date as some of my earlier attempts did. As for the gap at *531* squirt a little glue into the crack andpush them together and it should close ok. I have used magets for this before. LOL cheating i know but it did the trick.

Keep up the awesomness my friend!

Thanks for the feed back. I can see how the small problem and get progressively worse. I have to also noticed that the Hot Glue that I am using seems go on think and if I dont press it down quick leaves gaps. that you see there at 531. Guess its a good think that my son is not a perfectionist like I am and probably wouldn't notice. Gives me more to learn from before I start on mine.

Maybe just working with a smaller form is harder. Specially when it get to the real small parts of the PEP.

Looking great.:D

Now as to the line up on the ab plate. It's off;) No not you, But the pep is off. If you look at the pic's of all the builds using that file you will see that it's twisted just a little.:cool

If you really want it perfect you can add it in separate and attach it to the Chest plate with straps.

Looking great.:D

Now as to the line up on the ab plate. It's off;) No not you, But the pep is off. If you look at the pic's of all the builds using that file you will see that it's twisted just a little.:cool

If you really want it perfect you can add it in separate and attach it to the Chest plate with straps.

Thanks for that heads up. But I think I am going to have to start over on it. Its too small for my son. So before I start again. Would you still choose this one over another chest file? Thanks in advance.

Just a heads up, I was reading a thread a while ago, and someone had made a suit for their young daughter. I forget the age but they were aroun 8-9 as well. If your going to start again, make it a little bit too big. If it takes long enough, the little begger will grow up too quick. And it might not fit too well if you make the size just right from the start. You never know, lol, he might want another one later. good luck from all of us here!

Just a heads up, I was reading a thread a while ago, and someone had made a suit for their young daughter. I forget the age but they were aroun 8-9 as well. If your going to start again, make it a little bit too big. If it takes long enough, the little begger will grow up too quick. And it might not fit too well if you make the size just right from the start. You never know, lol, he might want another one later. good luck from all of us here!

Yeah I figured I would take all the height measurements we have taken on the closet door jam over the years and guess an average of tall he will be a year from now. Might get it close.

Also I think I am going to stay with this one. Just going to do as thorn696 recommended and attach the abdomen plate with straps. Might make it easier for him to move around in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back