First suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan O53

Hello Everyone, i'm new to the 405th but i saw some of your projects you were working on and they inspired me to give it a go :p they look really well from the one's i saw! :D So i got some Pepakura Files and i started printing on paper before i tried it with cardboard.I was wondering is there any tips for cardboard or should i use cardboard at all? Please help if you could :D

If you can work with pepakura than I wouldn't suggest doing cardboard. Typically people use cardboard when prototyping/scratch building, and it's a lot more difficult to get it "pretty" than starting from cardstock.

If you can work with pepakura than I wouldn't suggest doing cardboard. Typically people use cardboard when prototyping/scratch building, and it's a lot more difficult to get it "pretty" than starting from cardstock.

I agree with this. Cardboard is good because it's thicker but other than using it for bracing on a cardstock pep or something I would just pep using cardstock. Welcome to 405th! :)

I agree with them! I would use card-stock, its easy to use and its definitely not as hard as cardboard. For good results you should practice folding and gluing. Good Luck! :)

I've had good results using 110 gsm (i think) cardstock that I get from the stationary store. Its far better than trying cardboard (let alone say corrugated board) especially using a metal ruler to guarantee the straight folds.

Welcome to the 405th, you should use card stock if you have the option, it WILL save time and migraines. Cardboard is very stiff and hard to work with unless you have experience with it. And like said above is used in scratch building and prototyping. Remember to score your lines before you fold, hope I helped.

If you can work with pepakura than I wouldn't suggest doing cardboard.

I would just pep using cardstock.

I would use card-stock, its easy to use and its definitely not as hard as cardboard.

I've had good results using 110 gsm (i think) cardstock that I get from the stationary store.

you should use card stock

So, if I'm to understand correctly... you guys think he should be using cardstock?

Just to be different, you could always use EVA foam... Well there's always one isn't there :p

Good luck with whatever you choose

Bristol, may be a little expensive in the long run if it's the bristol I'm thinking of (professional comic grade drawing paper). If it's as cheap as card stock and works for you then by all means good luck with your work!

Seth

I used to use Bristol board for my earlier architectural models. If it is the same stuff that I used, it's very similar to poster board, just a little thicker and not as glossy. It's good stuff that I may experiment with in the future. But I agree with many of the others here that cardstock is the most efficient medium to use for pep models. Good luck with your build and get some pics up!

Ok Everyone i got my cardstock! :D i'm going to start with the shin and go from there! :D i'll upload pictures each bit i get done and as it all comes together , thanks for the advice! :D

ok so i tried a shin in just normal paper as a kind of prototype and it was way to big.. :( :p When i scale on pepakura desinger 3 will i put my full height into the "Height" scale factor ? Sorry for all the questions guys i'm just trying to make it properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back