First time builder: MK7 Build Journal (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super clean, super classy. Good job matching the character of all your pieces with each other and the helmet, too. I like how it looks like if you were going for a grey/ black paint scheme you wouldn't have to paint your foam at all. Speaking of... what are your plans for paint? I'm a little unfamiliar with the process of painting material like this.

This build is way clean, it is magnificent. I suggest you look into wet sanding, it will help give it a slick metallic look.

Dem thrusters. It looks super awesome. Great work!

TY sir!

Super clean, super classy. Good job matching the character of all your pieces with each other and the helmet, too. I like how it looks like if you were going for a grey/ black paint scheme you wouldn't have to paint your foam at all. Speaking of... what are your plans for paint? I'm a little unfamiliar with the process of painting material like this.

TBH I'm pretty terrified to start painting it, LOL

Gonna have to seek out some tutelage before I tackle that part, but thus far the plan is to make it match up as nicely as possible with the helmet. Definitely gonna be a new challenge!

This build is way clean, it is magnificent. I suggest you look into wet sanding, it will help give it a slick metallic look.

Thanks!

Wet sanding? Is this part of the painting process?

I have a question, does the visor also work/fit with the pepakura helmet by harnor?

I couldn't say for sure, but I imagine it would. The visor itself does have some flexibility.

So the full suit clearly won't be ready in time for Halloween, and I'm out of town until then. SO I picked up some cheap gloves and snagged this cloak from a friend. I have permission to weather the cloak, so this should look a little better by Halloween. I'm wearing the gauntlets underneath, unpainted. Wish I had made some faster progress up to this point. :/

IMG_2033.jpg

2013102495210919.jpg

So the full suit clearly won't be ready in time for Halloween, and I'm out of town until then. SO I picked up some cheap gloves and snagged this cloak from a friend. I have permission to weather the cloak, so this should look a little better by Halloween. I'm wearing the gauntlets underneath, unpainted. Wish I had made some faster progress up to this point. :/

IMG_2033.jpg

2013102495210919.jpg
Sorry to hear that broseph, I feel that feels though. I have so much to do, including build a helmet and find an undersuit sooooooo it likely won't be done but I'm busting my ass just incase... keep hope up haha

You're doing some fantastic work with this build. I'm really impressed with how well everything is looking together. Especially considering its mostly freehand.

What are your plans for the undersuit?

Great job! Keep up the good work!

PS - I dig the cloak and helmet look.

Sorry to hear that broseph, I feel that feels though. I have so much to do, including build a helmet and find an undersuit sooooooo it likely won't be done but I'm busting my ass just incase... keep hope up haha

Just gonna keep pluggin away! Undersuit is guaranteed to be a beeyotch...

You're doing some fantastic work with this build. I'm really impressed with how well everything is looking together. Especially considering its mostly freehand.

What are your plans for the undersuit?

Great job! Keep up the good work!

PS - I dig the cloak and helmet look.

Thanks man! Have a couple ideas for the undersuit, but haven't decided just yet...

Ermahgrd. Look what came in...

MA5D from Tactonyx!! Sooooo delicious.

20131030_162450_resized.jpg

After the "some assembly required", a couple small fixes due to jostling by the postal service, and the addition of some magnets to hold the magazine in place:

20131030_173151_resized.jpg

she looks beautiful, and my H5 lazystume is ready!

20131030_200159_resized.jpg

2013-10-30224606_resized.jpg

2013-10-30224541_resized.jpg

Hope everyone had a great Halloween! I think the H5 came off pretty well, all things considered. Weathered my Jawa robe for added authenticity, think it came out decent. A couple pics:

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

Thank you sir?

Obviously, the helmet and MA5D are not my creations, but all the foam is me with some reference photos, a couple action figures and a ruler. :)

Yes, any templates in your future. Yeah, I've seen the hem and MA5D rifle looks amazing.

Yes, any templates in your future. Yeah, I've seen the hem and MA5D rifle looks amazing.

Saving as many of my templates as I can as I go along, organizing is gonna be a challenge though LOL

Will get as much as I can up for everyone once the suit is done, and you guys can decide if I'm worthy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back