First Try: Halo CE Mark V - W.I.P (PIC Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!

Now I have finished the Chestpart once again. First it seems to be a little bit too big at the sides but I changed little Parts and now I think it fits.
What do you guys think? Does it match to Bicep and forearm? I hope so. I don't want to do this again.

Here are two pics!
16lb83.jpg

2dbqtmd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

I used the last few days to work on the belt and on the Mark VI Helmet. Here are some pictures. The Helmet is beginning to warp too much.. I hope i can handle this with Resin. What do you Guys think? I didn't add the Visor in the front.

34p14x4.jpg

10ole1g.jpg

4vgw28.jpg

2dj8ieq.jpg

35izspx.jpg

21abg5g.jpg

2rw6dld.jpg

The lack of a visor could be part of the warping. Try adding the visor in, and that should help at least a little bit. Another thing you could do is, in the brim where it looks to be warping the most, you could glue down popsicle sticks or straight pieces of thin poplar or balsa wood to help flatten it out at well.

Thanks for your Answer :) I will try to put the Visor on and I hope this will help a little bit. Otherwise I will try it with popsicle Sticks. I hope this will help. Otherwise im fucked, because i would have to redo it and right now i dont wanna redo the whole helmet once again xD

I think I got to repepp the Helmet. The Helmet is warping a lot and I think I can't rescue it. God damn it!
Today I build the stomach-part! It looks fine and fits well. After that I tried the left tigh but... I dont know how to say....
I took my measurment and it was about 400mm.. but after pepping it, it was not width enough. so i tried to fix it with some extrawidth.
but now it looks FAT! VERY FAT! I dont know what to do. -.- What do you guys think?

Here are some photos:
2jfykhd.jpg

r7kknq.jpg

apckle.jpg

5ldtop.jpg

I'm back once again. I didn't have time in the past few month, to do anything. Cause first I married and after that I moved from Switzerland to Germany. A lot of Stress right there. But now I have enough time to keep working on my Armor. But the thing is: I got to repep everything because I couldn't take my old peps with me to Germany.

This Time I would like to start with the Helmet. Any Ideas which are the best steps to start with it? Should I start building around the Visor or with both sides?

Let me know :)

I AM BACK!

A lot of Things changed in my Life and I didn't have any time for my armor. I married, I moved from Switzerland to Germany and I changed my Job. Too many Changes. :D I completly forgot my Armor, even after my last Post from May 2013. LOL..

But now, after more than one Year, I would like to build my Armor. My new Aim is, to finish the Mark V Armor till Gamescom in August this Year.

I hope I will be able to do that. I WANT MY OWN SPARTAN ARMOR!!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!! :cool

So I started from Zero. With Forearms and Biceps.

I scaled to this Sizes:
Forearms Height: 270 mm
Biceps Height: 330 mm

Here some Photos!
2monu3t.jpg

2sbk5fr.jpg

2ch3tl3.jpg

2ev67g0.jpg

Tomorror I will work on the Mark VI Helmet.

Time for a small Update.

I worked on both Tigh's and Handplates. I finished pepping them today.

I started the Pepwork on a Mark V Helmet too. I am using the Pep Files from Rundown. I hope this will work good. Otherwise I got to use the Mark VI Helmet, which I already printed out.

If the Helmet comes out good, I will work on the Sins, on the Chest and the Rest.

Size of the Tighs: Height 450 mm
Size of the Handplates: Height 85 mm

Some Pictures for you!

Do you think the Handplates are big enough? I will order some Tactical Gloves but for this Picture I used some easy ones.
oppso8.jpg

687v4m.jpg

1yjxp2.jpg

Here is one of the Tighs. Maybe I will be able to try them tomorrow, to see if they fit me well.
w8vqko.jpg

UPDATE TIME!

I struggled a bit with my tighs and shins. I remade them two times because the Scaling was so wrong. And I finished the Rundown Mark V Helmet. But I think the Helmet is toooooo big. I used 300mm as height. I thought my head is bigger than it actually is. :D

What do you Guys think? Are Tighs and Shins okay? Here are some Pictures!

Tighs Height: 450mm
Shins Height: 390mm
Rundown Mark V Helmet Height: 300mm

25pr6m9.jpg

2rmtd3c.jpg

rv9doi.jpg

2elvad1.jpg

de6yr8.jpg

2wq9wts.jpg

8we5pe.jpg

Looks good so far keep the good work.

Thanks a lot! I will try my best!

Another Mark V CE! I'm currently in work on one also. Your making great progress. Keep up the good work.
Wow, you are working on a Mark V too? Really cool! I love the Mark V Armor! Time to check your thread!

UPDATE:

All the Pepwork is done. I hope the scaling of my armor is okay. Only the helmet seems to be too big. Or what do you think guys?
I already applied first coat of Resin to the Chest, Thigh, Shin, Biceps and forearm Parts. Let's hope everything went well. Because of the cold weather it takes longer to dry.
I will pepp a smaller Helmet tomorrow after putting the second coat of Resin on the other Parts. The COD Part, Stomach-Part and the Helmet will be the last things to get resined. :D

Here are some pictures. Tell me your opinion about the scaling. ;)

Chest (Wide 410mm)
Stomach (Wide 440mm)
Cod Piece (Wide 440mm)

iz49om.jpg

10ndeee.jpg

20t5xtf.jpg

25pjzhh.jpg

r1hbfq.jpg

o51f1s.jpg

1grjvs.jpg

6plsgi.jpg

Hey nice progress! Scaling looks pretty darn good for the most part. The thighs are hard to tell from the pictures, they look like they're sagging in to your shin pieces? I measured my thighs from where my femur bone connects in to my pelvis to just above my knee joint. It all looks pretty good though :)
It all comes down to if you would rather go for comfort or accuracy? Like the biceps look just a little short to me, BUT you will be able to move around a lot better with them if they are comfortable for you. Mine were taller and they bumped in to my torso piece a lot. Wasn't super bad but caused a lot of chipping and noise when moving around and limited my movement a little. All in all it looks pretty darn good!

Here's a couple pointers from my experience:
When you go to resin your helmet, PUT THE VISOR IN! If you coat it with resin with the visor removed, the helmet will most likely warp and you will have to remake it :( I'd take the time to put it in to spare yourself the lost time remaking a helmet.
With the shins/boots, scale the shin and boot separately. If you have a shin that fits, chances are the boot will be too big (if i remember right...). Make one file that fits your shin, then make another one scaled to fit your foot. Master Chief in Halo CE wasn't really built like a real human so it's gonna be hard to make everything look 100% accurate IMO.

Looking forward to more progress on this!

Wow, first post in a loooooong time..... Hello again 405th!!!

Wow Matth, thx a lot for your feedback and welcome back to 405th!

Nice to hear your advices, because your Mark V Build is one of the best Builds I have ever seen. You are right, the first Master Chief wasn't really build like a real human and that's what it makes so difficult to scale everything right. The Helmet was too big but i remade it today smaller. Now it fit perfects and everything looks fine. The tighs are sliding down all the time. Thats why they look weird on the pictures. I got to find a way how to fix them where they got to be. How did you do it?

Like i said above, I already started with Resin. The Parts are still drying and there are still another parts to be made.

How many Coats of Resin is good? I want to put at least two coats of resin at the Outside before I work with Fiberglas in the Inside.

I made the biceps smaller, because it is easier to move around. I used to scale the biceps bigger, but it was difficult to move, just like you said. And I don't wanna walk around like a Zombie at the Convention. :D

Two coats outside and two coats inside is what most people do, with an addition coat or two per layer of fiberglass. It's really up to you how many to do, but make the first coat on each side thin so that the paper can soak it up and harden well. Too thick and it just layers the outside and isn't the strongest possible.

As for your thighs, once you've hardened and bondo'd them, you'll use nylon webbing to make a sort of harness to attach everything to. That will hold up your thighs. Every body is different, so is every harness, but there is a strapping guide in the creation discussion forum, here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/12551-Armor-Strapping-101?highlight=Strapping Some pictures are broken, but it should be fine still.

@Kyre: Wow, thanks a lot for your Advice and the link! That's what I planned to do but I didn't know how to do it exactly.. :) I will definetly apply two coats of Resin on the Outside. And I will try to put two layers of Resin inside in Combination with Fiberglass. I hope the Armor Parts will still fit after the Fiberglassing Stage.

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Update:
I applied the second layer of Resin on some of the Armorparts. Chestpart, Both Forearms, Right Biceps, Right Shin, Right Tigh and both Handplates are done with two Resin Coats. First I will finish this Parts with fiberglass, before applieng Resin and Fiberglass to the other parts.

And I remade the Helmet. The old Helmet has been too big. I took 300mm as height. Now I corrected the height to 270mm and it seems to fit very good so far.

But here are the pictures:
2jb9r3m.jpg

huhiea.jpg

o9poc1.jpg

e6zitg.jpg

2yyxkzk.jpg

j0d1k5.jpg

Hey everyone,

i'm back after a long time. I had to cancel my Mark V Armor because I messed up with bondo. I used too much of it. That caused a lot of Problems. I had to throw everything away. But I still want to have a Mark V Armor from Halo. That's why I started once again. But this time i'm gonna try it with Foam. I used the normal Pepakura Files to work with and it is also my very first time working with foam. So it won't everything be perfect. But i'm trying my best.

I started with the Chest. I had do freestyle at a few Places but okay.. i dont know how the Endresult will look. I guess i should be finished in two days with the Chest. Im working since three days on it. Here are some Pictures.

Chest Wide: 420mm

12240329_864032837043431_8258840774789248001_o.jpg
12244254_864032730376775_4944676768076225679_o.jpg
12244345_864032807043434_8685265688560839126_o.jpg

Time for a lil Update. Worked on Chest, left and right Biceps and left Forearm. Finished the Helmet today too. Time for Pictures. What do you guys think about the scales?
2n71h4w.jpg

2yz9z0h.jpg

x1d5ys.jpg

2d0dv93.jpg

WOW!!!!!! Im impressed very impressed !!!!!! I love the detail your putting into this and it sucks that your last attempt didn't work because that was really well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back