Flood in Halo 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has really said much about the flood in halo 3, my friend thinks that there wont be any, atleast not any that you have to fight, but my guess is that with the help of Cortana the Flood will somehow get to earth, or atleast some place where you have to fight them, does anyone else know wether Flood are in Halo 3?

That's kind of a "DUH!!!!!!" question...Of course. Smack your friend and show him a level with the flood in it.

Yeah, there's definately gonna be flood that you'll fight in Halo 3. I for one hope they gib all over with sweet soundeffects when you blow em away with a shotgun!

I really hope there are none. Theyre just a huge ammo waste and an annoyance at best.Its on e of the most dissapointing things about the whole series for me personally.

I agree to a point, but I like how they bring some horror to the game. The first time I played 343 Guilty Spark I was scared shitless, but then again, it was the first FPS that I've ever played, I was 11 (or 12?), and it was 1 in the morning.

drgon47 said:
I really hope there are none. Theyre just a huge ammo waste and an annoyance at best.Its on e of the most dissapointing things about the whole series for me personally.
quit speaking blashpemy lol
they're a major part of halo and the storyline

are you telling me you saw something like the flood coming in the first halo

Last edited by a moderator:
xalener said:
That's kind of a "DUH!!!!!!" question...Of course. Smack your friend and show him a level with the flood in it.

ok, i will, i just read somethin about the game STARTING on earth but then heading elsewhere(hopefully to find the flood)

"The first time I played 343 Guilty Spark I was scared shitless, but then again, it was the first FPS that I've ever played, I was 11 (or 12?), and it was 1 in the morning."

lol, i know what you mena , when my friend(the one who thinks there arent any flood) showed me the first flood level I was seriously creeped out, hope it happens again in halo 3!!!

but about the flood evel thing, has there been any screenshots or cutscenes includiong the flood? and will the flood juggernaut be in halo 3(once again i hope so)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know eh? I love how the level unfolded, it started out so mysterious and creepy, then just kept goin from there. Once I saw the marine that was scared crazy and I went down the elevator seeing covie grunt blood all over the walls, I started to get a little paranoied lol.

As for the flood vids, I don't think so, Bungie likes to keep their lips sealed about lots of things- certainly the flood. I for one hope they have the juggernauts, they look like alot of trouble to deal with.

I hope that the flood are brought back better than they did in Halo 2. I really miss the 'creepy' feeling I got from the flood in the original game when I first played 343 guilty spark, I saw the signs that something non-covenant was down there and it seriously made me paranoid to the point of trying to look everywhere at once in the game. Then when they finally came out, I was scared and wondering what the hell I was fighting. While the flood in Halo 2 did jump out at you, they weren't as bad it seemed because they went down a little too easy even on Legendary. I just hope they come up with something to mix the flood up a bit and give players something new to fear about them.

to me the flood juggernaut would be somewhat equivilent to the hunters, but that could be a new way for bungie to creep things up, i mean with the 360 the flood can look even more realistic and gruesome, plus we never know what kind of flood forms my appear, i hate the stupid carriers, all the do is explode and cause the ones you've already killed to come back to life...so annying

i think there will definitely be flood in halo3. i saw somewhere that said the flood came to earth. my guess is bungies keeping it a secret because aomething big is goin to happen involving them that they want to be a surprise. my guess, is flood-infected brutes, hunters, drones, etc. maybe they will succeed in scaring you shitless once again ;)

Wait...wait.... NO DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol why would they just dissapear and i have a feeling that they get on earth somehow and were all screwed. if there are any of *us* left.

I think it'd be a cool twist if one of the main characters turned flood (Johnson, Miranda, Arbiter, etc.) Then you'd have to kill them and there could be a big dramatic cutscene.

Johnson can't be infected by the flood. Did you read the books? He has cancer or something, that turns the flood off.

do you know how awesome the flood is gonna look in this game? they changed the way the brutes and jackals and stuff, plus its going to be in HD, with all the gruesome details not in the first two games. bungies putting everyones focus on everything in halo3 except the flood, there must be a reason...

like i said before, something big is gonna probly happen and since theyre all hush-hush about it whenever you actually see halo3's flood you'll be like "oh ****! were screwed!" and be more excited about it because you dont know what to expect. i prefer for it to be a surprise, itll make the encounter that much more exciting

i agree with cheezeheadiii, about liking the game to be a suprise, thats why when the first 18 minutes of campagn came out i quit watching it after like a minute cause it would be like dejavu when i played the game and freak me out, but yea back to the flood, i thought it wasent possible for the brutes to be infected with the flood? something about their inteligence level

a bunch of animals and stuff were infected in the graphic novel in that covenant hunting biome thing. i think the brutes are at least a bit smarer than them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back