Flooding, And Power Outs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpent ZX

Our area got historic floods, and power outs from the past few days of rain, which really wasn't much compared to what it could have been. More then half my town is under water, or evacuated from flooding, and some people even lost their homes. We won't even have power for 72 hours, to a week. Hell, even the landline phones don't even work. Barricades, and road blocks prevent most people from even getting home, to a friend's house, or a relative's. And they also prevent you from leaving, forcing some people to wait for fireman in boats to pick them up, if, and when they get there, which is stupid. All we keep thinking is, this is god damned Westerly, RI... Not Florida or something. Meteorologists say it's a once in a century occurence. Epic they call it... My f-en butt... Epic is not the words I would have chosen. My friends can't even get to their house. This really sucks. We heard 2 power stations which are so conveinently placed no more then 100 feet away from the river at ground zero is under water. How silly it is to see people just white water rafting down the street having a good time. I am going to go insane. First I get laid off, now this crap.

Oh, and I am only online cause i'm at my fiancee's mom's house which is miles away, and lucky to have power. Hope they don't close down the 1 way there is left to get here, and to the stores on the other side of town.

Its all Tony Petracha fault !! I live in Fall River the street a torn to $#!T ! Mount Hope Ave look like a bomb land in the middle the street.

Going to work last night was fun driveing up Rt 6 to Seekonk , i have to drive thought water as high the door frames on bottom of my car !!

And it not over yet !! Now their still waiting for the river and pounds to run over :(

Good luck !!

Wow man, Sorry for your run of Murphy's. I hope the third isn't worse than the first two.

~James

Scott said:

Just had a look at CNN and I can definitely see where they got the headline 'Flooding 'none of us alive have seen''

Living in England, we very rarely get floods and, when we do, they are nowhere near as bad as this; it makes our 'flood' look like a puddle :(

I hope it clears up soon; at least you'll have a story to tell the younger generation.

jlhR2 said:
Wow man, Sorry for your run of Murphy's. I hope the third isn't worse than the first two.

~James

I hope there isn't a third one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back