Flood's Mark V Armor Concept Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayward Flood

Member DIN
S074
So seeing all you sweaty sweaty people at HOD Chicago got me inspired to start designing my own armor with several features. I'm making this thread to start pooling ideas and 3D print models. The goal for this design is to incorporate a lot of amazing ideas I have read about on these forums with my own knowledge on armor systems and A&P. It will be modular with a focus in being comfortable and easy to repair. I give no promises on when this will start production!! I still have to finish my Halo CE assualt rifle and ammo counter before I begin this prop armor. I encourage anybody to use any idea on this thread if they want to!! This armor will most likely have various stages of completion during its long long production. I'm probably going to have to hit the gym a lot more often to wear this thing clunky thing reasonably.

1565221361517.png

Overall Aesthetic: I will make a mix of the Combat Evolved and CE Anniversary Mark V using Armorsmith. I'm a sucker for nostalgia after all. Armorsmith will be perfect for getting the proportions right although I might also make my own custom made manikin to use for better concept work.

Helmet: It will have the most complex features put into it. The first helmet will be made by Moonlight Forge / Props & Cosplay. I may redesign it around a motorcycle helmet later.​
Mic system​
Quad LED lights with outside button toggle​
Heads up Display inspired by RandomRanger's helmet project​
"AI" chip slot in back for HUD software​
PC fans with ventilation though mouth vents and back of head vents for optimal air flow​
Movable chin or visor for emergency beer intake​
Main Suit Systems: I will probably store most of this in the power pack on the back of the armor.
Various straps to fit with foam under layer. These straps will have the adjustable snap on points for the 3D printed armor pieces​
Camel pack water thingy​
Battery back for powering everything​
Lights on armor pieces​
Forced air vent system through out the suit. This is still very much in the theory stage. I figure it would pump air underneath the foam layer in order to cool off the user​

Height:
I'm 5' 11" and would use the boots and helmet location to give me that taller imposing spartan appearance. I could make an attachable sole for the bottom of my actual boots. I'm use to walking in ski boots so this shouldn't be too bad right!?........ I can use Armor smith to get the proportions right to compensate for the height increase.​

Material:
I'm thinking ASA plastic will do fine. 3D metal printing or fiber printing are considerations though.​
I know this project is very ambitious. Feel free to give any advice or to just tell me I'm nuts!

I know that Felipe06 has the lighting in his Mk V helmet, not sure if there's any push/pull fans in there. How was the wiring situation inside your bucket Felipe?

Heads up Display inspired by RandomRanger's helmet project
\0/
Did you ever get a chance to check out my 'in visor hud 2.0', a.k.a. that cardboard thing?

PC fans with ventilation though mouth vents and back of head vents for optimal air flow
I'd reccomend using a blower style fan instead, similar to the ones used in laptops. I have 2 in my helmet, and they are very successful​
Movable chin or visor for emergency beer intake​
* nods in approval *​
Camel pack water thingy​
NobleofDeath16 has one of these, you may want to check with him on tips if you didn't talk to him at outpost yet :)
Forced air vent system through out the suit. This is still very much in the theory stage. I figure it would pump air underneath the foam layer in order to cool off the user​
I've thought about this as well, if I were to do it I'd turn the mjolnir back vents into real vents, and just blast some fans at it, letting the shape of the armor figure out airflow. "I didn't build pathways into the suit son, you'll have to find exits as you go"
I know this project is very ambitious. Feel free to give any advice or to just tell me I'm nuts!
As a fellow ambitious nutcase, I approve :)

These kinds of features are one of my favorite parts to a build, definitely feel free to reach out if you want some help :), I'd be down for a video chat sometime to help figure stuff out once your armors built.

Last edited:
I know that Felipe06 has the lighting in his Mk V helmet, not sure if there's any push/pull fans in there. How was the wiring situation inside your bucket Felipe?

My personal helmet has four LEDs and one pc fan (should have put two though xD). I wired up everything so the LEDs and fan are connected to the one power source, but the fan and LEDs have their own switches. I can get some images later if you're interested in seeing my setup David

\0/
These kinds of features are one of my favorite parts to a build, definitely feel free to reach out if you want some help :), I'd be down for a video chat sometime to help figure stuff out once your armors built.
Thanks for the detailed information man! I'll go over it all when I have some more time. I think I did see your 2.0 build I need to go over it again though.

My personal helmet has four LEDs and one pc fan (should have put two though xD). I wired up everything so the LEDs and fan are connected to the one power source, but the fan and LEDs have their own switches. I can get some images later if you're interested in seeing my setup David
That would be very appreciated! I was thinking of a button on the side of the light housing like in-game.

T
Been thinking about the AC system.

Hmm

Hmmmmmm

mmm

HMMMM!!!
some of those are really neat. I used a small 9v computer fan that came in a pack of five for eight dollars. I then bout a pack of three nine volt battery holders with a built in on/off switch to them and they work fine. I have also seen the fans for the inflatable dinosaur costumes used.

Mark V Helmet.jpg

It begins!!.... after my other vacation next week. I got my helmet from Moonlight forge / props & cosplay. Anybody have some advice or helpful links on how to cut out the visor/vents and paint the helmet?

Some suggestions for 4x led flashlight systems that connect to a power supply and speaker systems would be appreciated also! I plan to have the power button on the side where you see that circle ahead of the molded lights.

I should have the paint and visor done for Youmacon.

I just cutout my visor slot yesterday. I used a plastic cutting wheel on my dremel and just carefully cut along the lines. Later I'll be hitting corners and such with a sanding block to get it flawless
IMG_20190926_182123.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back