Flyerfye's Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow nice. ill be watching this. so far my pistol is just the silencer lol. too bad i cant turn my airsofts into halo weapons. i dont think that a Thompson or mp40 would work for a smg. neither would a type99/ak47. and no way for a utg l96 sniper lol. but i digress nice work!

blackfire said:
wow nice. ill be watching this. so far my pistol is just the silencer lol. too bad i cant turn my airsofts into halo weapons. i dont think that a Thompson or mp40 would work for a smg. neither would a type99/ak47. and no way for a utg l96 sniper lol. but i digress nice work!

Thanks! Yeah, some airsoft guns just aren't cut out to be Halo-ified, sadly. Although you could theoretically build a Halo sniper rifle out of that L96 if you felt like...modifying it heavily. And ooh, a Type 99? Is it the Tanaka? Please tell me it's the Tanaka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

Just to let you know that your progress is GREAT.

About the SMG and the pistol.

I think that your choice for the MP7 is very very well done. I did the same added a silencer, visor AND A TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT on the side (might wanna do the same) and it comes VERY well damn near close to a supressed SMG from Halo 3: ODST.

BTW, that gun is called the H&K MP7, whereas its Halo counterpart is called MSMG M7... Just one letter less... I´ve read on a gun forum that bungie took the MP7 into account when designing it for Halo 2 at the time. you´ve almost got real proof of it in your hands.

Yuo´ll need to ad some bits ´n bops to finish it of but think mainly of adding the butt stock and a magazine to the left side of the gun. later on you can always decide to add buttons and knobs with Green stuff (moddeling putty used by Warhammer players who mod their armys). Works very well and when mixed properly (50/50) becomes hard as plastic without leaving any mess arround.

On the con side, its very expensive for the relativly small amount your receiving in the blisterpackage.

Hope you´ve founds something usefull in these tips.

Kind regards and keep up the fine job your doing marine.

See you feet first in hell trooper!

EDIT:

About the gun: The H&K USP Match is okay just a bit on the small side. I´d have gone with a cheap desert eagle and rip out the barrel and the top rail, (or add bondo to fill her up depends on you realy). Then add the silencer and scope/sight part with High densety Polistyrene (?) foam. Its cheap and works very well. Just cover it with a layer of black paint before fiberglassing/resining it or just cover it with a thick layer of universal glue (Aka, the white glue you use for wood ((and getting high in poor countrys)).

This latter becomes transparent and very hard afterwards. Gave me great results on strengthening my pepakura.

AND ITS VERY VERY VERY CHEAP!

Again, enjoy and good luck tomorrow with the H3: ODST launch.

Thanks for the great post! I'm definitely using some of these tips. I had noticed they were practically the same weapon, I mean, look at these and tell me there wasn't SOME influence in the design. :pI mean the name is even a tribute, like you said.

3204820901_5bbc7c674a_o.png
tm_MP7.jpg

I'll probably put a box that looks like a side-loading mag, and the stock from the pepakura version on there pretty soon. I'm also going to increase the size of the silencer and add that light (or is it a laser?), as the one on the ODST version is, well, it's almost as long as the body of the gun, honestly. Past that, I'd have to start cutting off parts to make it more accurate. You've got a point about the USP, a D. Eagle would have been more to scale. I might grab one at some point, see how it fares. It's a low priority right now, because they look OKAY as they are, I'll improve them once I'm done with more critical things (like the armor pieces). Pistol is even LOWER priority, because I really only need one weapon. I have a little over a month to get all this done (you know, when I'm not at work or taking care of real life stuff), so I'm trying to prioritize my time so I'm not in some terrible crunch because I spent weeks working on the guns but don't have my armor detailed, etc. But after I hit my deadline, then it's time for all the little stuff I don't have time for now. I'm even planning on changing the grip on the mp7 to look more like the Halo version at some point, it just takes a good deal of time, effort, and PVC cement.

I'm having dreams about pepakura now, it's sort of troubling.

Yeah I know those dreams too,

very scary, but that is what you get if you have a 7 day deadline to finish a full ODST armour including weapons. Just kept it simple though. Here´s a pic of my supressed M7. It´s a real airsoft weapon including it´s battery and all and I´m going to take it out for a spin this sunday to see how it fares. Btw, silencer works for real (6),

"they might see the pellets coming, but the only thing they gonna hear is their asses hitting the ground!"

about the adding of parts, Take the stock, and the mag from the ODST SMG pepfile and put them on the gun (i´ll be doing that later on) and then you might wanna do the sights and the laser/flashlight module too. Or you might want to try and find some online in a airsoft shop. Depends on the quality of your MP7 though.

About the USP: take of the trigger guard and stretch it out to cover the WHOLE hand, you´d be amazed how much that changes the look on the pistol.

EDIT: Ca´t upload any pics yet. I´ll have a look into that after the launch. It´s already 12 am here in Spain at the time of writing this... and have got 4 hours left to finish my armour... Still got to do some parts INCLUDING helmet visor!

YELP!

Wow man good JOB, I am soon gonna start my ODST armour but after seeing this thread i am more inspired than i ever was! I have also got to admit that i am so hungry after seeing all those cookies too. Keep it up!

Hey Fly Veeeeery nice work so far :D And good job on the helmet and everyhting your first pep, I'm very impressed.

You must be a fast learner.

Also good call on the airsoft guns, they look decently close. A bit of modding couldnt hurt though ;)

I know what you mean about the pep dreams, haha. I've had one or two myself this week. gottagetitdone gottagetitdone

And if I were you I would work on, say, getting the helmet done first or something. That way, if all else fails, you have something to wear instead of a bunch of paper cut-out ;) just my two cents.

Interested to see how this all comes out :D

blackfire said:

ive found a nice sniper if your willing to pay 200 bucks that could possibly be turned into the halo sniper. looks a lot like a Barret and is full metal. reviews say it REAALLYy heavy though :/ http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31338{3}218

Thanks everyone!

Armor's going slow, I pretty much spent every moment (when I wasn't at work) playing Firefight this week. We're going camping at request of the missus this weekend, and I fully plan to sit in the tent cutting out pep pieces for as much of the weekend as possible. Besides, it's getting freaking cold out, I have no idea why we're camping... Oh well!

Flyerfye said:
You'll get there, just keep on going! Just don't let your enthusiasm drop after you've been cutting and gluing tiny pieces of paper for 4 hours straight like I have. :p

And now, another update! Left forearm piece is 90% pepped, and I think I might just stick some foamcore or cardboard inserts in there instead of trying to put those little flaps in like the pep file has. It seemed a bit wide, and was way too loose on my bare arm, but once I put on the jacket I'm planning to wear, it seemed just about right. I might see if I can trim down the diameter slightly anyway, just so I can have a slightly more fitted, sleeker suit. Whew! Time for a break.

arm01.jpg

Where can I get this pep file? I've searched and searched but can't find the topic. Do you remember? Thanks!

I don't remember where I got it, probably in that 50 page long ODST pep thread. Anyway, I managed to dig up 2 versions of it from my computer, since this is like the 5th time people have asked me about those dang forearms. I've hosted them myself, as it's honestly easier for me than digging around for download links (and I hate 4shared).

EDIT: links to rehosted pep files removed by request.

Thanks dude. Yah the 50 page long thread was the one I'm was trying to find still knowing I had to search through it. But thanks. This really helped me out and saved me another hour of digging. They really need to update the Halo-Pep-File-Index with all the new ODST stuff. I bookmaked that page but everything isn't all on there yet.

Thanks again!

Oh where is that huge ODST pep Thread. I still can't find it. If you do could you post a link. Thanks!

Looking good! I would make sure and leave the orange tips on so you don't get arrested! That helmet looks AWESOME. Have fun and be safe!

JediStumpy said:
Oh where is that huge ODST pep Thread. I still can't find it. If you do could you post a link. Thanks!

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18606 I have way too many 405th threads bookmarked. :p

Destroyer said:
Looking good! I would make sure and leave the orange tips on so you don't get arrested! That helmet looks AWESOME. Have fun and be safe!

Thanks! Yeah, orange tips are staying on. Might make the orange parts removable, so I can still look good for photos.

ComradePanda said:
Nice work man i am on the same boat as you. As for the visor i dont know but i am doing a recon helmet.

Thanks, a recon visor should be a lot easier than this beast, It's just a nice long strip. I have a new plan for the visor since then, but that's under wraps for now, until I figure out if it'll work.

krad2004 said:
OMG!!!! AWESOME JOB DUDE!!!! that helmet is really detailed!!

All glory and adoration for the helmet should go to the modeler and unwrapper, Rundown and Ral Partha. I just connect the dots, so to speak.

There's been progress, changes, and a big big thing coming my way soon (that's what she said), but that'll have to wait a bit. Go build your own stuff! I'm stuck here at work and all I can do is look at other people's projects!

unsc anubis 117 said:
truly amazing job man. but where do you guys get the forearm and shin pep files i cant seem to find them anywhere?

I've linked to the page with the forearms about half a page up. Surprised you didn't see it. As for the shins, I just used the Weta versions in the armor packs, it's not a hard thread to find.

Update time! I received a special package today (although not as special as the one I'm going to receive later on) and it contained a... not essential, but DANG COOL part of my costume...

plasmapistols01.jpg

These are the cheap versions, but they're actually not bad! A little smaller than 1:1 scale, but close enough that they look dang good! If I have time, I'll mix up some paints and give them a slightly less neon finish, maybe install some more lights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back