Halo 3 ODST Mk7 2024

skyranger72

Good evening,

I have not posted anything on here in what feels like years. Here is a look at my most recent ODST. Since my last suit, everything was remade but, the chest armor, shoulder, and forearms. All parts are made of foam, the shoulders and forearms are 3d printed, and the chest armor is paper.

I found that using a matt finish on the armor has better looks than semi-gloss or any other. It was my first time not using plastic dip but rather modpogs. I believe this was a better use as it feels more flexible and secure. I also have stopped using black paint. Instead, I use a paint called pavement by Apple Barrel. This paint is nearly black, but still allows me to use a black wash and highlight details. I also recommend using dark brown oil paint, as it works and looks like mud. These methods I believe have made my suit look better than past suits.

As always let me know your thoughts!

IMG_3237.jpg
IMG_3240.jpg
IMG_3239.jpg
IMG_3238.jpg

I'm making notes about Plasti-dip vs. leak seal and other alternatives. While plasti-dip hasn't had too many problems for me, it can flake or peel sometimes where my foam armour is squished a lot. Have you ever tried leak seal? If so how does mod podge compare to plasti-dip?

I like the matte finish you have. I agree with you that semi-gloss can be too shiny.

Using a slightly lighter black is also a good idea! How do you apply the paint? Do you use a spray gun, brush, spray can? I've also been interested in trying other painting methods as I've only ever used spray paint, so this will be good info to know!

How do you do the weathering with the oil paint? See when I do my weathering, I water down acrylic paint, spread it all over the armour, then dab the excess off. I don't think oil paint can be watered down in the same way, no?

Suit looks great man! Thanks for posting!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back