Foam Mk VII Build, by Sithslayer78 due by Otakon 2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks ABYISZ, I have been looking forever. I have seen many greens that look the same but when you buy them and take them home to use they are different.

Hi
How many EVA FOAM did you use for this armor?

I honestly don't know. Many, many, 2x2 Squares that I've been stockpiling since forever.

Impressive build. The final finished look of it is damn impressive. I suppose you decided to make the resin-then-molded helmet in order to keep the details high. I'd use it too for my future ODST project, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get a proper rubber for the molds and more importantly, I'm not sure where to obtain the right casting resin.

THat, and I've never tried making a foam helmet before. I recomend a quick setting smoothcast resin with Rebound 25.

may i ask what color green is that you used for your armor? And do you remember where you got it? btw your build looks awesome!
thanks ABYISZ, I have been looking forever. I have seen many greens that look the same but when you buy them and take them home to use they are different.

The paint is Krylon Satin Italian Olive, washed with a very watered down waterbase black paint. (~5Water:1Paint)

Having seen this in person over the weekend, this suit looked awesome.

Thanks man! YOurs looked awesome too! Hope to see you at another con soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well see there you go, I wouldn't have guessed that green, but I have heard of some people using sage green.

Beautiful foam work! That modge podge really gave it a shiny-but-not-too-shiny look! I like it!

Here are some Pics from Otakon!
Np4FSDu.jpg

gfo3b4f.jpg

(The Flash started messing with the Visor)
vxEb6JO.jpg

XamUm57.jpg

Some Awesome people! I know Howaado is in here, Who else is?!
m4VCBNQ.jpg

Beautiful foam work! That modge podge really gave it a shiny-but-not-too-shiny look! I like it!
The Modge-Podge actually got coated with Testors Dullcote to get rid of the gloss shine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back