Foam Templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferret304

Hi guys,

So while I'm working on my current build (which I'm yet to have a thread for) I thought
I'd start planning for my next suit- A spartan IV. I was planning to make it out of foam, and
I've seen other people's builds and things, and I can't quite place one thing... The templates!
I can't seem to find any foam templates for H4 armours except for the Venator chest and shoulders,
so I was wondering if any of you awesome folk would be able to point me towards any templates,
Thanks,
Ferret304

H4 armor is currently a work in progress. Most of the armor hasn't even been converted to pepakura, yet, nevermind foam templates. If you absolutely want to do an H4 build, your best bet is to freehand it.

So no one's even uploaded their own freehand templates? I would love to freehand it, but I haven't the faintest idea how, nor do I trust my ability to do so, and since I'm not exactly rolling in cash, I can't really afford to screw anything up.

If anybody has uploaded them, there is a solid chance they would be here.

If not, try doing a quick search in the searchbar, but I wouldn't count on it. Making H4 armor has been a mess, so far. It's extremely complex, (almost 'noisy,' in my opinion; I prefer Reach armor), the files are hard to find, and many assets simply do not exist.

Which files were you looking for?

Thanks CrazyDav0, You are a legend... If I could impose a little, though... You don't happen to have a foam file for the Prefect shins and boots do you? Or the Venator ones? As for what parts I'm using... I was going for the Venator helmet, chest and shoulders, with Prefect lower half, or a full Venator suit if there weren't any Prefect files available

Thanks CrazyDav0, You are a legend... If I could impose a little, though... You don't happen to have a foam file for the Prefect shins and boots do you? Or the Venator ones? As for what parts I'm using... I was going for the Venator helmet, chest and shoulders, with Prefect lower half, or a full Venator suit if there weren't any Prefect files available

If you're looking for Prefect anything, you should be able to just take the Pep files and use them to make foam templates. RoxyRoo used pep files to make templates on her build, and it came out great.

The Prefect, however, is especially geometrical, and you should be able to convert it with ease. They'll all be under a single file called "legs." I don't know about Venator, but I know that the Prefect files were completed almost as soon as the armor came out. Look for it in here.

Ok, I'll give that a go... Sorry to some like a complete scrub, and I know this isn't strictly on topic,
but would anyone happen to know where I can buy EVA foam in sydney (Australia)?

Ok, I'll give that a go... Sorry to some like a complete scrub, and I know this isn't strictly on topic,

The Bunnings website has packs of four 1 metre mats in various colours listed for around 15 bucks. Link is here , it seems to be a pretty good deal. I imagine craft or hobby stores may also stock them if you can't find them at Bunnings. Just look around I guess

Hope this helped, good luck :)

Like edwardjlw said, Bunnings is really good, but can be a little pricey sometimes. However, ALDI occasionally has camping gear on special, including foam mats, for really good prices (pack of 6 for $10) - but they don't come around often, but when they do, stock up.

i got the prefect legs unfolded for you: here
i didn't change the scale from the paper templates, so you may have to rescale it, but most likely not.
hope that helps,
CrazyDav0 :)

Everything you are looking for can be found here: http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html

For the Mark IV, go to: Halo 4>Infinity>Choose which piece you want>Choose which style you want.

Download the file, and you can make templates for the foam, like GenericCola said. take all the pieces that are next to each other and would make a flat piece, and tape them together. You might need to do some shucking and jiving, but it all works out pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back