foaming inside of helm for support

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacacheman

Jr Member
I was wondering if anyone has used this technique: I just applied my 3rd coat of resin to the exterior of my helm. I was going to coat the inside then fill out some parts with great stuff expando foam. wondering if this is a good idea or if im going to somehow cause the universe to collapse on itself by doing this. thanks for the input.

dacacheman said:
I was wondering if anyone has used this technique: I just applied my 3rd coat of resin to the exterior of my helm. I was going to coat the inside then fill out some parts with great stuff expando foam. wondering if this is a good idea or if im going to somehow cause the universe to collapse on itself by doing this. thanks for the input.

Insulator foam will make it really really warm in your helmet... :\

Last edited by a moderator:
well i dont know about the universe colapsing but your helm might. i cant rember off hand who it was but someone posted a thread about their helm imploding when the foam shrunk. looked cool as a flood infected one but i doubt thats what you want. althoe, concidering youve resined it it might work. see if you can find a foam that doesnt contract much.

plz keep us posted cuz i plan on doing the same but just on the other parts of the armour.

I did it then i paper mached the outside
turned out pretty good
just use the low expanding foam
I didnt use great stuf i used armor coat low expanding foam

Have you given any thought to using a design simlar to that found inside a construction helmet instead of foam or padding. This would allow for air to circulate around your head keeping you cooler....

You can purchase one from the link below, trick would be to attach it to the inside of the heml.

Hard Hat (helmet) inserts and chin straps.

i dont think ive ever seen expanding foam that contracts, or makes things implode....

you can use that foam, i use it myself. just make sure you have it sturdy enough or else it will bulge out the surface of the helmet.

well my dad used to use great stuff to fill in holes around the house to keep rodents and snakes from getting in. that foam remained the same size for years. im not terribly conerned about heat in the helmet or any comfort for that matter. if i wanted to be comforatable i would wear track pants and a hoodie.

anyway, i just added my 4th coat to the outside, gonna try to get 6 coats on it, then foam the inside this weekend, ill try to upload some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back