Folding/Gluing/Cutting Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seno Ypsamee

OK, this is going to totally kill my entire project, I am horrible at cutting, gluing, and probably folding, but I'm using the Folding Tut so I should be fine there, but does anyone else have any pointers to help me not kill my suit?

Frost's proccess.

1. get box cutter
2. set to have a small teeny tiny blade out.
3. cut all peices of a peice of armor out.
4. Start with a big peice
5. Start scoring the lines of the peice with the knife and ruler
6, the peice literally folds itself with slight pressure from your hands.
7. Find the next peice to work with that connects to the first, score and fold.

Gluing
1. elmers white glue works fine
2. go 1 flap at a time, sometimes 2 if you need to, never do 3-4 at a time, you will get a gluey mess.

Boomer said:
Use a hot glue gun. Faster. Stronger. Better. We have the technology, we can rebuild you...
lawl, thats better, I was actually going to use a glue stick O_O I hate being a n00b at stuff, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
For cutting, I have a cutting mat that I do it on. I use an exacto blade and a metal ruler. The cuts come out clean every time. For folding, the tutorial on here is great, you should follow that.

Felginator said:
For cutting, I have a cutting mat that I do it on. I use an exacto blade and a metal ruler. The cuts come out clean every time. For folding, the tutorial on here is great, you should follow that.
Yeah, I have an X-acto and a cutting board, which I guess will work..., and I'm following the one with using the pen, if that's teh one you are referring to :)

Last edited by a moderator:
use hot glue. regular glue takes like a full minute at least to dry. hot glue, maybe 4-5 seconds? consider you'll be making hundreds of glues. hot glue is the way to go.

Gotta be careful with hot glue though considering just how fast it dries. I've made plenty of mistakes I had to go back and cut apart with the xacto knife because I slipped when trying to line it up, and it dried early.

Have you ever come across a problem with the bulge that the hot glue gun leaves behind? I was going to use the stick type hot glue gun but now I am thinking of using a regular glue stick. If anyone has any opinion on the two and the after effects it would help greatly. Thanks.

lol, I used Tape and Paper Glue :p
To poor to pay more money when I can simply use stuff at home :D

X-Acto Knife is the way to go. I consider tape to be the fastest way to put it together but not the strongest.

The glue gun I got was only 3 bucks. Of course, it didn't come with any glue...but, I bought 30 sticks for 2 bucks. Pretty cheap to me.

I used glue sticks (pen) for much of my build before I discovered the glory that is the hot glue gun. Glue sticks work pretty well, except they have trouble with those little itty-bitty flaps. Hot glue FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back