OK, this is going to totally kill my entire project, I am horrible at cutting, gluing, and probably folding, but I'm using the Folding Tut so I should be fine there, but does anyone else have any pointers to help me not kill my suit?
1. get box cutter
2. set to have a small teeny tiny blade out.
3. cut all peices of a peice of armor out.
4. Start with a big peice
5. Start scoring the lines of the peice with the knife and ruler
6, the peice literally folds itself with slight pressure from your hands.
7. Find the next peice to work with that connects to the first, score and fold.
1. elmers white glue works fine
2. go 1 flap at a time, sometimes 2 if you need to, never do 3-4 at a time, you will get a gluey mess.
Gotta be careful with hot glue though considering just how fast it dries. I've made plenty of mistakes I had to go back and cut apart with the xacto knife because I slipped when trying to line it up, and it dried early.
Have you ever come across a problem with the bulge that the hot glue gun leaves behind? I was going to use the stick type hot glue gun but now I am thinking of using a regular glue stick. If anyone has any opinion on the two and the after effects it would help greatly. Thanks.
I used glue sticks (pen) for much of my build before I discovered the glory that is the hot glue gun. Glue sticks work pretty well, except they have trouble with those little itty-bitty flaps. Hot glue FTW!