For the modelers out there who need help unfolding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started to unfold models and I am offering my help to any of you that want unfolds done. it might be a quick job, it might not be... just depends on the size and difficulty of the project. If you want a special size done than just let me know or I will just scale it to a figure about my size (5'9") currently just finished DigitalCantinas Soldier helmet, helped Zercon with her thigh plate unfold, and I did an unfold on Monkeyfujs H4 recon helmet. Currently re unfolding monkeys warrior torso and his hazop helmet. I just wanted to throw it out there to you modelers. PM me for my email if you want it :)\

EDIT: As cool as the files i am seeing are there are some which are way over my head and take time away from my kids. i will unfold stuff but nothing that is crazy high in detail that consists of a hundred pieces just for a shoulder pauldron. i know this might make me sound mean and I don't want it to be so i am putting down some requirements below

1. model must be done. i have no experience in 3d modeling as much as I would love too know. this means I cannpt fix/repair/modify any files as of yet, that will come down the road.
2. FILE DETAIL Monkeys recon helmet is about as high of detail that i can unfold and that took me awhile to do. There is no problem in asking me to take a look at a file at all. after I take a look i can tell you whether or not it is feasible (which most probably will be)
3. please make sure the files you find have credit given in them so I know whos model I am working on. if its not in the file than please give me a name so i can make suer they get the credit they deserve for there work.

yeah thats about it. thank you all

Hi there. I need help "unfolding" my Metro 2033 Ranger Helmet. Please click this for .obj file which I uncompiled from an .smd file.-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0igavit6zj8z0ep/Metro 2033.zip

I have no idea how to fold pepakura stuff. All I know is that I need some card stock to print them. I know I'll have to search through the forums to find my answer. My height is around 5'6". I don't know how to use the Pepakura program, so I'm in your care for all that "unfolding" stuff.

This year, I'm cosplaying as a Metro 2033 Ranger at Anime North. I have gathered some tools and I still need tons more. I hope you can help me with the helmet. I truly need help. I hope I haven't broken any forum rules. I'm sorry if I did. Thanks.

Edit: I made a project thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/39275-Metro-2033-Ranger-Project?p=656563#post656563

not a problem. when i get home i will look at it and send you a message back. it will take a bit of time but we can get it done

Pathfinder helmet

Well hello there, just a quick question. I scratched my head yesterday on the possiblility of maybe dooing, by myself, a better unfold on the pathfinder helmet by digital cantina unfolded by zaff. Never did it before but a quick look at your other thread showed me not to be scared about it... well, it was for the mark V xD ...

Lets say that the pathfinder is a much more complicated model ( to much complicated in my sens ) so unfolding it myself, with no right to realy touch someone else's job or edit it in pepakura designer pushed me to drop the idea and print Zaff's unfold. And here I am xD looking at an increadibly hard pepakura piece with some ridiculously thiny folds and flaps witch makes me want to die just by looking at them.

So the question itself : is it possible for you to take no more than 5 minutes to check on this helmet and see If I could do something easier to build by unfolding it myself, and if so, do you have some advices ( cause you seem to know what you're dooing ) for the thiny litle creases scatered troughout this beast :) .

Hope this is clear enough for you to read, did my best on this one. Maybe some errors since french is my native language :) So just don't mind them and have a good day mister sony :)

Vivid_

Oh and just for you not to monkey around the forum too much trying to find the helmet here's the link to its 4 shared page I took from the Spartan Research Program Organiser

http://www.4shared.com/file/AlGekphe/H4_Pathfinder_HD.html

EDIT TO FIRST POST

hey vivid, i am taking a look at it right now for you bud. i will pm you soon, thanks for the link and you also made perfect sense :)

I think Draco mis-read the question. No, it is not possible to convert from .pdf to .pdo. PDF uses image files and Pepakura uses 3D format files such as OBJ and STL. You need the 3D modeled file so that it can be "unfolded". You may be able to use the PDF file as references to model the object in a 3D program.

Please excuse me for a moment #!$#@$#^%@^#$#%#@$%@$#@^%^$&%@#$!%@@@%#$%

Ok i'm done dose any one know where you can get a pepekura of the Trigun revolver i found a craptasic on with even crappy instructions

I think Draco mis-read the question. No, it is not possible to convert from .pdf to .pdo. PDF uses image files and Pepakura uses 3D format files such as OBJ and STL. You need the 3D modeled file so that it can be "unfolded". You may be able to use the PDF file as references to model the object in a 3D program.

This can actually be done depending on the pdf. Line drawing pdfs can be converted into dxf files, which can then be imported into pepakura. That being said, there isn't much you could do with a dxf file in pep as it is already flat. You can scale it, but you could do that native in autocad or other dxf drafting programs. What pdf do you want in pep?

no shameless plug needed Zombie! I am happy you are offering your services too, i agree with you. there aren't enough unfolders out there which is why i made a tut for beginners to try and increase that a little bit more. Thank you for your services man, thats awesome that you are stepping up to the plate.

and i can vouch for zombiegrimm, his thread is all him with the skyrim files. he has done all the unfolds in there with little to no help i believe.
(I have been looking at your thread since it started lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back