Fred 104 build

New thigh is done, size seems good. I also recently finished adjusting the height of the boots and added Velcro to connect them to my lifters. Excited that one whole leg is done now. One more thigh and the arms left to build
IMG_9739.jpeg
IMG_9740.jpeg
IMG_9741.jpeg
IMG_9745.png
IMG_9746.png

progress looks good my guy!
Can you post a picture of fred looking both of those colours and the colours you were thinking of painting him again? I know you were trying to decide between many colours earlier, but if you narrowed it down post just those ones please. I'll do my best to weigh in

Ill post some pictures of the paints and reference when I,m working on it tonight N8TEBB . Thanks Spidermonkey60 . Are you thewardrobearmory on Instagram? if so, I am a big fan, and I've been trying to reach you to talk Gen 2 under suits.

Man, this is tough. If more blue, then I think base coat would be color 3, and the teal accents would be either 2 or 7. If more teal, I think base coat 1 or 2, and accents probably 4. But 5 doesn't look too bad either... Might get too dark with weathering, so I think lighter would be better with that in mind.
Fred 104 Reference 1.pngFred 104 Reference 2.jpgFred 104 Reference 3.jpgFred 104 Reference 5.jpgIMG_9874.jpgIMG_9873.jpgIMG_9875.jpgIMG_9876.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-15 212757.png

On another note, I finished the second forearm, and started unfolding the biceps
IMG_9877.jpg

I like leaning towards the blue a bit more. I think colour 3 would be my choice with colour 2 accents. I wonder what everyone else thinks

Would it be possible for you to mix colors? 3 and 8 look like they would make something close to Fred's colors once combined.

Man, this is tough. If more blue, then I think base coat would be color 3, and the teal accents would be either 2 or 7. If more teal, I think base coat 1 or 2, and accents probably 4. But 5 doesn't look too bad either... Might get too dark with weathering, so I think lighter would be better with that in mind.
View attachment 344328View attachment 344329View attachment 344330View attachment 344331View attachment 344332View attachment 344333View attachment 344334View attachment 344336View attachment 344337

On another note, I finished the second forearm, and started unfolding the bicepsView attachment 344338
When it comes to color, it's always important to remember that weathering will knock things down a shade or so.

With that in mind, my recommendations are:
Primary Blue - 3
Accent Blue - 7, but mix a TINY but of grey in to tone town the color a bit
Accent Grey - A light aluminum color grey, but with a small bit of blue pigment added. I think that it has blue in the mix for that color.
Gold - just a standard gold will work

Both biceps done! On to the butt! As long as my adulting gets done in a timely manner, I should have that done tonight. I keep thinking I’m about done, then I remember, oh yeah, I still have to do the hands. Oh, wait, I don’t know which gloves I’m using as the base. Don’t forget that undersuit… Aaaannnnyway, thanks for looking, and I’ll keep posting.
IMG_9958.jpeg
IMG_9959.jpeg

Dude your foam work is so clean!! I can't wait to see this build completed!

Holy moly, it’s intense seeing this all plasti dipped. Was going to put it on my duct tape dummy, but I’ve lost weight since I made it so the shins don’t fit. I’ll adjust that later.
IMG_9997.jpeg

Did some testing at my friends body shop with painting, and it looks like I will be able to paint it with automotive paint. It laid down nicely and fast, we flexed it basically in half and didn’t seem to have any issues. Hopefully we will be able to do it next Saturday. At least lay down the base color, then the rest I can airbrush or hand paint. This color seems to have a nice shift between blue and teal depending on the lighting.

IMG_9994.jpeg

Starting on the undersuit this week.

Oooh this is exciting seeing it all come together! the paint is going to look sick!!

This suit is coming together so well and I’ve been loving the updates! I can’t wait to see it all done.
The undersuit piece is seriously awesome, such a good idea heating a hex pattern into it. It makes such a difference!

I’m actually debating connecting this to the chest instead of the skin suit. Might make transport weird, but I think it will look good. Thoughts?

I agree that attaching the wrap to the chest would be an issue for transport. I also believe you will have more issues with movement as well as the appearance as you move potentially shifting as you walk? In my head anyway I think it would. I would have it as its own if you can work it or skin suit attached.

Amazing progress though! Keep it up!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back