From Me to you, several pep files

Status
Not open for further replies.

homsar66

Jr Member
Well i finally found out how to modify files, and though some may be extremely complicated (splaser) i just thought they were missing on here
http://www.4shared.com/dir/4814450/cc7d6e83/sharing.html
as soon as i figure out how to work sketchup better, i'll simplify some of them

edit: spartan laser base file created by ≤ Co¬¬in L ≥ on google warehouse, and sniper, shotty, are game extracts from the download database, and the grav hammer base is by be owned on google warehouse. I just edited them to be a little easier

Gunnz777 said:
Do the originals run on SketchUp? Would you mind sharing them with me?
yeah it should be up in about 5 minutes.
edit-okay the .kmz is up for the splaser an i also put up an unedited and massively complicated(and i mean massive) sniper .pdo. you get an e-cookie if you actually complete it

Last edited by a moderator:
homsar66 said:
yeah it should be up in about 5 minutes.
edit-okay the .kmz is up for the splaser an i also put up an unedited and massively complicated(and i mean massive) sniper .pdo. you get an e-cookie if you actually complete it
those .pdo files are complete garbage, sorry to burst your bubble .. theres overlapping parts everywhere and open edges. all you did was take the 3d files and hit auto open. :cautious:

dannifood4less said:
those .pdo files are complete garbage, sorry to burst your bubble .. theres overlapping parts everywhere and open edges. all you did was take the 3d files and hit auto open. :cautious:

Then take those parts and sort them out - or wait for somebody else to do so.

But thanks. I already have the Spaser.

Primal Weyland said:
Then take those parts and sort them out - or wait for somebody else to do so.

But thanks. I already have the Spaser.
that has to be done in the 3d editor, and i have done this with several files, including the shotgun. :)

FYI, you cant just sort the out because the program wont create a division for the parts that overlap, since the faces go right thru other faces, and will not create flaps to connect lots of those pieces either.
i diddnt post here to be an asshat, but just to say pepakurafiles require ALOT more work than that to be buildable.

dannifood4less said:
that has to be done in the 3d editor, and i have done this with several files, including the shotgun. :)

FYI, you cant just sort the out because the program wont create a division for the parts that overlap, since the faces go right thru other faces, and will not create flaps to connect lots of those pieces either.
i diddnt post here to be an asshat, but just to say pepakurafiles require ALOT more work than that to be buildable.
I know, i'm trying to learn sketchup. I just figured i'd post them anyway because i haven't seen any files for them already.

SPU7N1K said:
Uhh why doesn't the sniper rifle have the pages thing? All I see is the model.
there's a button on the right that says "unfold". although i don't think you wanna see that...

oh, and a bit simpler version of the splaser is up (splaser2). And could anyone tell me how to Join faces in sketchup? Cuz its really ANNOYING!

homsar66 said:
I know, i'm trying to learn sketchup. I just figured i'd post them anyway because i haven't seen any files for them already.
there's a button on the right that says "unfold". although i don't think you wanna see that...

oh, and a bit simpler version of the splaser is up (splaser2). And could anyone tell me how to Join faces in sketchup? Cuz its really ANNOYING!
right click explode model, and then select all and merge into one object. something like that

dannifood4less said:
right click explode model, and then select all and merge into one object. something like that
Could you simplify the sniper files?

-LS

nice consideration.....but.......it needs to be edited HEAVILY.

and i built the mini master chief. kick ass.

rvb4life said:
nice consideration.....but.......it needs to be edited HEAVILY.

and i built the mini master chief. kick ass.

Lolz pics!

And i simplified the heck out of the rocket launcher file (Rocket2). It's to scale and leaves out unessesary parts and the barrels, for space reasons. Fills 30 pages, and i just printed it out. You will have to tape some edges though, Because i still don't understand how to join faces. What should i work on next?

Edit: okay I simplified the sniper(snipe). It's very possible, but when you do it, it'll have the scope as a seperate part, which you can later trim and add on. I havn't scaled it or anything though.
and DF4L, after explode and select all what then? because i lost you after that.

homsar66 said:
Lolz pics!

And i simplified the heck out of the rocket launcher file (Rocket2). It's to scale and leaves out unessesary parts and the barrels, for space reasons. Fills 30 pages, and i just printed it out. You will have to tape some edges though, Because i still don't understand how to join faces. What should i work on next?

Edit: okay I simplified the sniper(snipe). It's very possible, but when you do it, it'll have the scope as a seperate part, which you can later trim and add on. I havn't scaled it or anything though.
and DF4L, after explode and select all what then? because i lost you after that.
you can intersect the faces, and then choose make component. sorry i normally use another program to do that part i just forgot what it was called in sketchup, all i use sketchup for is intersecting faces, lol cuz the other editor i use dont have that function :p

Good effort, but they are mostly too in-accurate, and WAY overly complicated. Did you actually make these by yourself, or did you just find them?

The splaser, well it looks like a splaser but has WAY to many faces for pepakura, and every other face has an open edge, and the same goes for the sniper rifle.
The plasma rifle is ok, but I still believe it is unfit for pepakura.

If you made the models, keep trying, but make it with less faces, and use a better program than sketchup. If you didn't make the models, good job finding them, but they aren't easy enough for pepakura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back