Futuristic Katana (Own Remake from deviantart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReClaimer8015

A while ago i was searching for Concept Art of Raidens different HF-blades used in MG: Rising.
I have already found a few low-poly 3d-files, nothing special.....so i thought of recreating things myself from some artwork. Just to practice my honestly mediocre modelling skills.
What i stumbled across was this:
jinroh catana and combat knife

This was one of the best designs for such a weapon i`ve ever seen...it looks truly futuristic and properly militaristic. Simple and elegant. I really adore what artists put out there. The Guy goes by the name Michael Kollmann and is an experienced creator. Shoutout to this man!
8_QmnA0bx8g.jpg
catana_and_combatknife_closeup_by_mukkelkatze-d4ngel9.jpg
I recreated it in rhino, but just a little bit more simplified.
jinroh-catana replica.jpg
I could use a 3d printer, but i am trying CNC-machinery to cut it out of mdf and add details later on.
Cheaper and faster (always important), so i should have a finished prototype in no time.
Just made some templates for that:
jinroh-catana templates.jpg
Remember guys, everything you make can inspire others!;)

Looking back at this i decided to make some more swords, have a perfect candidate in my sights already:

alexis-bosse-rend02color(1).jpg alexis-bosse-rend03color(1).jpg alexis-bosse-rendu01color(1).jpg Artist is Alexis Bosse.

Last edited:
That was a surprisingly quick adventure - about max. 2 hours of work and a simple model is done.
2nd katana.jpg

I didn`t make an exact copy, for example the letters are different....couldn`t figure out what the original meant(see post above).
Anyone who is familiar with Nier Automata will recognize it, probably;)
Speaking of Nier - Great weapons in that series too. As with a lot of Japanese games.
Currently reworking one of the swords of that game (not my work).
Pulled it from sketchfab, thingiverse or so:

Nier.jpg

Tryin to take my own spin on it.
Besides guns, swords are one of the most coolest props you can make.

Last edited:
That was a surprisingly quick adventure - about max. 2 hours of work and a simple model is done.
View attachment 266620

I didn`t make an exact copy, for example the letters are different....couldn`t figure out what the original meant(see post above).
Anyone who is familiar with Nier Automata will recognize it, probably;)
Speaking of Nier - Great weapons in that series too. As with a lot of Japanese games.
Currently reworking one of the swords of that game (not my work).
Pulled it from sketchfab, thingiverse or so:

View attachment 266621
Tryin to take my own spin on it.
Besides guns, swords are one of the most coolest props you can make.
So what do your symbols mean?

It is japanese for "Glory to mankind" - you pronounce it "Jinrui ni eikou are", the default greeting of the android faction you get to play in Nier: Automata.

The Problem is that i don`t know what kind of letters are on the original artwork. Japanese Kanji or Kana? Would be oubvious since it is a classical katana - or perhaps Chinese (Han) even? Can`t just put it into google translate....o_O

Last edited:
An Update at last!
finally did some templates, had some additional knives made too!
This is mainly to figure out if the proportions are right. Which they sadly aren`t speaking of the knives :-(

some exampes.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is in non-halo... But you know if you ever made the hayabusa chest from halo 3.. It wouldn't be complete without strapping on one of these futuristic katanas to the back.
Looks like a fun build though, can't wait to see update pics.

And just to clarify - Yes this is Commander Reyes Knife from the last COD!

WP_20190716_20_26_36_Pro (3).jpg

An underrated game, i have to say...don`t like COD that much, especially when you are used to the mechanics in halo games. But Infinite Warfare was an awesome and somewhat realistic military scifi-shooter.
Aaron Beck was one of the Lead Designers, i like his style. He usually makes mechas, so there`s that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back