GalaxyCon Info and Roll Call: December 2nd, 2022 - December 4th, 2022 (Columbus, OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
We have had an official event appearance request from the event runners of GalaxyCon of Columbus, Ohio!

Description: Date: December 2nd through December 4th, 2022. (Condensed: 12/02/2022 - 12/04/2022)

400 North High St
Columbus, OH 43215
( Google Maps )

Event Website: GalaxyCon Columbus
Approximate Number of Attendees

"GalaxyCon Columbus is More Than a Comic-Con! It’s a 3-Day FESTIVAL OF FANDOM with celebrities, artists, writers, voice actors, cosplayers, entertainers, creators, wrestlers, fan groups, panelists, and PEOPLE LIKE YOU!"

Local Hotels:

1. Hyatt Regency Columbus
2. Hilton Columbus Downtown

Final Thoughts:

"
We would love to have the 405th at GalaxyCon Columbus! The event is December 2nd through December 4th. We can offer free admission to a handful of members, and we can work out further details if you have backdrops and/or props that require more members. We can give the 405th a booth, and offer a secure pipe and draped area behind your set up for a changing room/staging area. There will be a heavy video gaming presence so the 405th would be a massive hit."

A kind footnote from the event runners.
They have initially requested 4 members but if we can provide things like a booth or interactive opportunity for their guests they are happy to accommodate us. Free entry will not only be provided for members but their handlers as well. Water is provided as well as a changing space for members and potential booth accommodations .

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

- AffinRoadster
- Off Earth
- z XJ z
- Negativecacti
- SSGLordBert
- Cadet
- SSGLordErne
- Lord Elmo
- ixRainShadowxi
- Fallen
- Wayward Flood
- Wicked Demon 15
- Rosebud
- NobleofDeath16
- N8TEBB
- SnakeandNape

Tentative Responses:

Badge Purchase: (
HERE)

: (HERE)

Exhibition Hall Hours

FRIDAY: 2pm to 8pm

SATURDAY: 10am to 8pm

SUNDAY: 10am to 6pm

Booth: Exhibit Hall C, "Cosplay Lounge/Attractions," area. Hall C has a large "Video Game" banner outside.

Panel: Saturday at 1:45 PM in the “Cosplay Panel Room," Room C150.

BOOTH LAYOUT
Screenshot (138).png

As seen in the above diagram, the booth will have two areas, the Recruitment, Q/A, and Display Table and the Photo Backdrop area.

Working the Table: It is preferred you wear 405th Branded items, Outpost Discovery Jerseys, or more “Business Casual” attire. Failing that, Halo branded merchandise is also a good bet. If you want, you may wear your Halo costume, but remember this area of the booth is intended for interaction with the public and your costume might interfere with that communication. Please keep your attention forward-facing to engage the public as much as possible. Welcome them to our booth and ask them if they're familiar with the 405th. Explain that we are an International Halo costume and prop group that seeks to assist others in building their dream Halo costume. For example, our website houses a wide variety of tutorials, free templates, and 3D print files. We also provide members with an opportunity to wear those costumes at Conventions, meet Ups, and Community Events. For example, direct them to our donation QR code for Extra Life and mention our yearly 24 Hour Fundraising event for it.

Working the Backdrop Area: This is the area where you are intended to be wearing your costume and be available for pictures with members of the public in front of our Photo Backdrop. While in costume remember that we do not ever “Tea Bag” while representing the 405th, nor are we to take pictures in any threatening manner, such as pointing our weapons at a member of the general public or pretending to strike or melee them, per the request of 343i and Microsoft.

We will also need handlers in this area to keep an eye on and organize any line for photos, and to keep an eye on our members in costume. It is preferred the handlers wear a 405th item, but since we understand that our handlers might be non-members like friends, significant others, or family, if they can wear any Halo branded items, that would be a plus. Like the table, please keep your attention forward-facing to engage the guests as much as possible. Invite them into the space, describe our group if folks are interested, and promote the Extra Life donation QR code if possible. Donations are not required, but we appreciate anything anyone can give.

Dinner Plans: Potluck style Saturday Evening. Due to the Exhibit Hall remaining open until 8PM but many options in the area closing before then, a decision will need to be made on site as to when members will want to do dinner. Cadet has volunteered to remain behind and keep an eye on the booth if members decide to eat earlier in the evening.

Photoshoot: Tentaitve Saturday afternoon post 405th Panel.

Time: 2:30 PM
Indoor Shoot:

Photographer Information:

Please contact me regarding any questions as I have a direct line to the event runners, hope to get some of you out to this event!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually live about 15 minutes from Downtown Columbus. I wasn't really planning on going to this Con, but if we have a booth I am more than happy to help with set up, tear down, and manning the booth all weekend. I have several items for display, multiple helmet stands, UNSC armor crate, Flag Poles, and 405th cards and coloring books, in addition to any other assets Jonah can provide.

So, I am semi tentative on this one. I think I should be able to pull it off. My arrival would be, weather permitting, 5pm or so Friday. At that point, I'd be in armor close to 545pm on Friday and then Armor as long as possible both Saturday and Sunday. Idk how it would work for deployment since technically I am now Colonial and not official with them either. I will update if I am able to make it.

Mark me down as tentative. I'll take a look at my schedule and see if I can shuffle things to make it work. Like Cadet said, if we have a booth, I'm happy to help set up, tear down, work at the booth, and can bring whatever items or props I have to showcase.

We have had an official event appearance request from the event runners of GalaxyCon of Columbus, Ohio!

Description: Date: December 2nd through December 4th, 2022. (Condensed: 12/02/2022 - 12/04/2022)

400 North High St
Columbus, OH 43215
( Google Maps )

Event Website: GalaxyCon Columbus
Approximate Number of Attendees

"GalaxyCon Columbus is More Than a Comic-Con! It’s a 3-Day FESTIVAL OF FANDOM with celebrities, artists, writers, voice actors, cosplayers, entertainers, creators, wrestlers, fan groups, panelists, and PEOPLE LIKE YOU!"

Local Hotels:

1. Hyatt Regency Columbus
2. Hilton Columbus Downtown

Final Thoughts:

"
We would love to have the 405th at GalaxyCon Columbus! The event is December 2nd through December 4th. We can offer free admission to a handful of members, and we can work out further details if you have backdrops and/or props that require more members. We can give the 405th a booth, and offer a secure pipe and draped area behind your set up for a changing room/staging area. There will be a heavy video gaming presence so the 405th would be a massive hit."

A kind footnote from the event runners.
They have initially requested 4 members but if we can provide things like a booth or interactive opportunity for their guests they are happy to accommodate us. Free entry will not only be provided for members but their handlers as well. Water is provided as well as a changing space for members and potential booth accommodations .

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

- AffinRoadster
- Off Earth
- z XJ z i.e. Clark Freeman
- Negativecacti
- SSGLordBert
- Cadet

Tentative Responses:

- JeffN02
- Fallen
- SSGLordErne
- Lord Elmo
- NobleofDeath16

Badge Purchase: (SPEAK WITH RCO BEFORE PURCHASING)

Dinner Plans:
Pardon our dust as we sort this out.

Photoshoot: Pardon our dust as we sort this out.

Time:
Indoor Shoot:

Photographer Information:

Please contact me regarding any questions as I have a direct line to the event runners, hope to get some of you out to this event!
Sabriel and I are boots on the ground. I am in jorge armor and she is my handler

Sabriel and I are boots on the ground. I am in jorge armor and she is my handler
Make sure to work on your 50 posts so I can get you approved for coverage! Post some of your build, or add feedback to others work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back